home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #21
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Ask for a manager, if you haven't already. Might also send email to Member Satisfaction in which you mention that you have not had any satisfaction after complaining to the resort for the past four days. Tell them you are there now. Good luck!
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #22
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Thankful we didn't have that issue in October. We were second floor in the middle wing.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #23
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Thankful we didn't have that issue in October. We were second floor in the middle wing.
That's exactly where I was.
Having no idea how the water was actually heated, I assumed the problem was caused by taking a shower very early in the morning (6:00-6:30).

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #24
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Having no idea how the water was actually heated, I assumed the problem was caused by taking a shower very early in the morning (6:00-6:30).
I usually attend conference and have to go very early and take shower at around 6am, last yr no trouble that I can recall. Not looking forward any problem this yr, I like long hot shower,

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #25
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I'd say one of us regularly takes a shower around 6:30am and we had no issues in either of our rooms we had this year. We were on the 3rd floor in June towards the end of a hallway facing the solarium - don't recall where we were in March though, but we only showered there 2x
Old 12-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #26
flypwm
Two Bedroom

I was just in BC last week (the hotel, not BCV) and we had some lukewarm showers our first day. Straightened out after that. I think they're working on something, though, because we got calls about a scheduled hot water outage one afternoon, and then a follow up canceling that notice. I'd suggest you continue to lodge your complaints about this until it's fixed - they obviously know it's an issue, but every project needs to be prioritized and I'm guessing guest complaint volume can influence that process.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #27
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

Oh wow, absolutely unacceptable. We were there in October - 4th floor I believe and no issue. But we were not up that early either. I would be livid - one day is a goof - anything beyond is a failure to provide a service. Good luck.
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #28
jay42k
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I fully agree. I would not accept that. They need to resolve the issue, no different expectation than you would have at any other hotel you would stay at in the world.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #29
Dana
Grand Villa

OP here. After posting, I called and noted the hot water problem for the third time. The next morning we did get hotter water than before, not as hot as could be, but better than lukewarm. Sufficiently hot, I would say. I thought about posting the successful results of our call, but decided to wait until after the next morning, our final morning there. Again, barely lukewarm water. So, somehow they fixed the problem for a day, and then it went back to status quo. We are early risers/rope droppers and, thus, early shower takers. Beach Club was my dh's favorite resort before this incident. Now...not so much.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #30
tgropp
Studio

I wonder if it was isolated as we were there from Dec 15-19 and had no issues. Sorry to hear that you had issues
Dec 2014: VWL
Christmas 2013: VWL / BCV
Feb2013: AKV/Western Fantasy/BCV
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riveria
Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010 : VWL
Nov 2009: BCV :
Dec 2008 : VWL/AKV
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL
Feb 2007: Dolphin/Magic Crusie/VWL/OKW
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL / Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL