home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #11
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Been here for 4 mornings now and the hot water heater still isn't working right. Woke up to a cold shower the first morning. Spoke to the DVC concierge who said they knew about the problem and were working on it. Should we speak to them again about the 3 more mornings with barely lukewarm water? Feels like nagging, but why haven"t they resolved this by now.
Definitely complain. On a different note, maybe try taking a shower in the evenings to see if the water is warmer.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #12
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

What floor are you on? I had a week of luke warm or downright cold water in room 128 in Nov. i was told the lower floors were most affected .

It also was lacking a faucet . A hand held shower head had to be used to fill the tub. I was told it was a design flaw. The drains were also clogged with hair. They did come and clean them .

But hot water should not be optional or a design flaw. Keep complaining.

Do other DVC resorts have trouble with not having sufficient hot water .

Last edited by Shewill; 12-17-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #13
bubster
Grand Villa

Totally unacceptable. It needs to be fixed. No one paying what they charge to stay there should be expected to take cold showers in the morning.

We were there in November on the 3rd floor in the wing that points toward Epcot but we never had issues with the water temperature, thank goodness. It does seem like most of the issues reported were on the end near the hot tub...maybe when they find guests out there with bars of soap and shampoo doing their business they will take it seriously.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #14
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Been here for 4 mornings now and the hot water heater still isn't working right. Woke up to a cold shower the first morning. Spoke to the DVC concierge who said they knew about the problem and were working on it. Should we speak to them again about the 3 more mornings with barely lukewarm water? Feels like nagging, but why haven"t they resolved this by now.
It is not a vacation at Disney without hot water to soothe my muscles.. I would complain at very high volume.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #15
Orion54
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
It is not a vacation at Disney without hot water to soothe my muscles.. I would complain at very high volume.
This. The hot water really helps with all the walking we do. We average 16 to 19 miles a day.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #16
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

Was there in Oct and Dec both for six nights in a one bed on 4th floor (same room both trips) next to the far elevator and had no issues with the hot water on either trip.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #17
Ransom
Grand Villa

Wow! You deserve some serious compensation for that, and they need to get it fixed immediately.

We toured Beach Club and the Villas a week ago, considering whether to buy a resale contract there, or buy into CCV. We bought at CCV because even the public areas of Beach Club look worn -- some very much so (like the elevator at the far end). DW and I were shocked at how bad it looks, despite having been refurbished very recently.

I'm not shocked that the problems are even worse out of public view. Shame on them!

(Incidentally, in later discussions with a DVC Guide, I learned that each resort is almost totally under the control of the local resort manager. Disney gives them operational guidelines and profit targets, but within those, they're free to do what they want to do. I hadn't known that was why there's such a variation between resorts.)
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #18
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
FWIW showers later in the day were better re hot water.
That was the same thing with us in October. In the morning, showers were always lukewarm. Later in the day, much hotter. Sounds like they've been "working on it" for a long time now, why isn't it fixed yet?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #19
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

I take long hot shower after a busy day. Going to BCV in first week of Feb, I can not tolerate cold water. They better fix the problem soon, can not understand why so many people had problems over the period of time and No Fix yet. Did they outsourced that job to another country?

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #20
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

I donít remember having any problems in May, but I was at the far end of the building. On the other hand, that hot tub is one of the warmest Iíve been in at Disney. They just might find a guest turning it into a large bathtub if they donít get that fixed!

But OP, lukewarm water is not acceptable. Continue to push for some sort of resolution. I always start my day with a hot shower, and I would be plenty upset after 4 days of that!