home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
rch2101
Studio

Default Google satellite images of several resort pools zoomed to equal scale

I just put in a request for Beach Club at David's DVC for October. I created and printed these images so I could show my wife and kids the scale of Stormalong Bay compared to other pools.

rch2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

yup....its a biggie
Old 11-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
rch2101
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
yup....its a biggie
I thought about taking the printouts I made, cutting out the smaller pools with scissors, and placing them on top of Stormalong bay for reference... photoshop circa 1979! LOL
Old 11-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #4
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

It's huge - but I have to say I may be the only person ever to be underwhelmed by Stormalong Bay! We stayed there for a few days pre-cruise this summer with the express intent of being able to use SB. We were there 3 full days and went once. The kids didn't love the feel of the ground under the feet, we could never get a tube for the lazy river, you had to walk across the road to get on the water slide...

It is very popular, we love the resort, and I will admit that we aren't people who will spend hours on end at any pool, but there was not enough about that pool that would have me choosing it over others.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
It's huge - but I have to say I may be the only person ever to be underwhelmed by Stormalong Bay! We stayed there for a few days pre-cruise this summer with the express intent of being able to use SB. We were there 3 full days and went once. The kids didn't love the feel of the ground under the feet, we could never get a tube for the lazy river, you had to walk across the road to get on the water slide...

It is very popular, we love the resort, and I will admit that we aren't people who will spend hours on end at any pool, but there was not enough about that pool that would have me choosing it over others.
Similar for us. Most pool time for us at BCV is at the quiet pool. Leaving more space for everyone else!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 PM   #6
rch2101
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Similar for us. Most pool time for us at BCV is at the quiet pool. Leaving more space for everyone else!
Well to each their own of course. My kids and me will be amongst the ranks of those who LOVE that pool if we manage to get a studio there. We really like hanging out at a pool for a few hours at the end of each day swimming and having cocktails (me and the wife only, not the kids lol). And I know for absolute certain that they’ll adore every aspect of that pool from the sand to the slide to the lazy river to the crowd. My kids do in fact prefer larger crowds at a pool... more kids to make friends with. And me too tbh. ;-)
Old 11-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Love that pool. It's the only resort where I set aside whole blocks of time to enjoy the pool. Drinks brought to my chair by Rocky, reading, listening to music, napping, sipping cocktails and getting pleasantly inebriated, lunch at B&C. Ah...Beach Club life.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
The Fall of Disney
A Tale of Two Views
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...

POP! 12/15-12/18/2017 Merry Christmas Baby!
BCV 12/28/17-1/3/18 Happy New Year!
Fantasy 5/21/2018 BLT-Sea-BWV
Dream 9/17/2018 BLT-Sea-BCV

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
rch2101
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
Love that pool. It's the only resort where I set aside whole blocks of time to enjoy the pool. Drinks brought to my chair by Rocky, reading, listening to music, napping, sipping cocktails and getting pleasantly inebriated, lunch at B&C. Ah...Beach Club life.
Oh man, that sounds good. Looking to rent out 92 points for next October? I'm still looking!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
rch2101
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rch2101 View Post
Oh man, that sounds good. Looking to rent out 92 points for next October? I'm still looking!
Hmmm... maybe I wasn't supposed to make that comment here since this isn't the RTB board. Sorry in advance if I broke a rule.