home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #61
DisneyEater
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
It looks like the best thing to do is to get a Disney Visa, buy the giftcards through BJ's, and them pay off the dues with the giftcards after consolidating them online. The Disney Visa will give me a $200 statement credit after I spend $500 because I am a new cardholder, and then I will get 1% for the gift card purchases in Disney dollars. I think I still have to pay the $49 annual fee. BJ's has a 5% discount as well on gift cards, so I will save hundreds. I can use my reward dollars to either pay for dues or just use them on the next trip.
Thanks everyone!!!
Echoing others, Disney CC is not the best. There are probably 10 better cards to use. I'm all about using rewards cards for my Disney trips and don't have the Disney one. There are too many other better options.

Even if you want the bonus instead of the 2% cards mentioned, I'd go with the Arrival Plus or even the Freedom+ before the Disney card.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #62
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

Yep.

I downgraded to a non-Signature Disney Visa (free one) just to keep the special photo opp and just in case I ever wanted to use their financing.

Everything I get from Disney is purchased with gift cards I get for at least 7% off. And in most cases Iím getting 9% to 16% off thanks to Kroger fuel points.

Anyone can get a Citi Cash Returns card that gives 2% back year round and use it to buy Disney GCs online from BJs for 5% off. No membership required, free shipping, and Iíve bought up to 1400 worth at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEater View Post
Echoing others, Disney CC is not the best. There are probably 10 better cards to use. I'm all about using rewards cards for my Disney trips and don't have the Disney one. There are too many other better options.

Even if you want the bonus instead of the 2% cards mentioned, I'd go with the Arrival Plus or even the Freedom+ before the Disney card.

My DVC homes: BRV, BWV, VGC, AUL
Other DVC resorts I've visited: VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #63
dantr
Studio

It looks like today Sam's has the best discount on the $150 gift cards (running 142.98 vs 143.99 at BJ's). I used gift cards last year, and with the discounts and cash back was very happy with my savings.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #64
Doug Disney
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
It looks like today Sam's has the best discount on the $150 gift cards (running 142.98 vs 143.99 at BJ's). I used gift cards last year, and with the discounts and cash back was very happy with my savings.
BJ's $100 GC are now $95.99 instead of $94.99. So 4% off instead of 5%.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #65
Spoodles
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If I prepay my dues with a gift card will Disney continue to withdraw my dues from my checking account? I'd like to leave the checking account withdrawal set up but like the idea of paying some of my dues with any leftover gift cards when we return from our trip.

The website payment area states this so I am unsure how much we can pay with gift cards....
"Contracts Enrolled in Autopay can only receive partial payments by Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card"

Last edited by Spoodles; 03-11-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Spoodles is offline   Reply With Quote