home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #11
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
We have participated in the Christmas tree exchange from another forum but last time we just went to Walmart and purchased a 5 ft tree, lights and some decorations. We will be doing the same this Christmas. Last time we had an atrium entrance room at VWL and we could see our tree and lights while sitting in the hot tub by the quiet pool.
Oh that sounds lovely

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #12
Erigeni5
Studio

This is what we did last Christmas.

Erigeni5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #13
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

We bought the tree and in room Christmas from the Disney florist. It was expensive, but we really enjoyed it. If we are ever there close to Christmas again, I will probably do something equally foolish. Power is flickering here and I can't figure out how to get my photos from the laptop to photobucket. I'll try tomorrow if I have time.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #14
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
We have participated in the Christmas tree exchange from another forum but last time we just went to Walmart and purchased a 5 ft tree, lights and some decorations. We will be doing the same this Christmas. Last time we had an atrium entrance room at VWL and we could see our tree and lights while sitting in the hot tub by the quiet pool.

I would love this!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #15
LouisianaMike
Studio

Less than 10 days to go before we leave for Disney. How do I go about doing the tree exchange at the resort? Any other helpful tips for decorating our BWV 1-BDR Boardwalk view room. Thanks again!!

Louisiana Mike
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #16
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMike View Post
Less than 10 days to go before we leave for Disney. How do I go about doing the tree exchange at the resort? Any other helpful tips for decorating our BWV 1-BDR Boardwalk view room. Thanks again!!

Louisiana Mike
10 days out......I am very doubtful that there are any open spots in one of the tree exchanges.

Last time we were at WDW for Christmas, we brought our own tree for the villa.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #17
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Last year we flew from the UK with a 4ft tree in a suitcase, with some non-breakable decorations (shatterproof baubles, felt and wooden ones), plus a few strings of battery powered lights. Oh and stockings of course.

The night before checking out, I went down to the front desk at BLT and left the tree there; the CMs said they would see if anyone wanted it. The decorations and lights made it back here, ready to go on a small tree at home - to remind us of our Disney Christmas
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #18
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:

Louisiana Mike
The woman who runs the tree exchange starts several months in advance of holiday goers. As many spend the first week of December but want decorations. It takes a lot of coordination on her part as it is for all incoming families at all the different resorts. It is usually closed by November. I participated one year and it was great, waiting for me at bell services.
Your best bet is is to go to target, Walmart etc a purchase a 3-4 ft tree and some decorations and ship the tree (at least) decorations depending on how much room you have in your bags.
As far as outside decorations. I still see them and enjoy seeing them. I donít think it takes away from any resort theme decor as driving in on a bus or being on a boat coming home and seeing lights on a balcony it fun and festive. Though I think there may have been more behind that change. Like maybe people getting carried away with figures etc. not sure since it was perfectly fine for years and years and many decorated their balconies. Thatís my opinion and as others have said if you decide to comply or not is up to you.
Years ago before they issued that rule, we had a two bedroom lock off at OKW so we had two balconies. Both were decorated. It was nice.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #19
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:

Louisiana Mike
If you're driving -- you can always pick up a pre-lit christmas tree up and bring it with you. If flying, Amazon has a few smaller versions that you can put on a table or other elevated surface. Just have it delivered to your hotel before you get there. Bell services should hold it for you until you arrive.

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Changin...ee+with+lights
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #20
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

We always decorate wen there at Christmas. We even put lights on the balcony.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote