home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #21
SS04
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoonieRoo View Post
Oh dear. Pull up! Pull Up!!
What???
Old 06-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #22
logan115
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS04 View Post
Wow
OK I could have worded that better maybe. Didn't mean to call anybody an ignorant person. Was meant more about the statement made for some reason about me. I'm on here all the time I just don't post a lot. Hence whoever it was that took the time to look up my "stats" and asume I'm not on here was ignorant in the statement they made. I don't post a lot because many of the things I've heard repeated many times in the last many years and don't feel a need to write the same thing again. Which makes it ironic that this happened to my post!! So whoever it was that replied to me like that I in no way meant to call you an ignorant person. I'm not sure if it is the Kim that you are referring to. I will know slow down my rapid posts to maybe once every 3 years or so. But I will still visit daily to see what's going on and look at all the nice pictures from people that enjoy DVC like me.
Ok, I'll let you in on a little secret. Kim and Eric own, run, and pay for this website so that it is free for all of us, and as a result have access to any data they could possibly want on this site at their fingertips.

In other words, they have 100% of the vote on what they want on this site.

MOD 75
Old 06-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #23
SS04
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
Ok, I'll let you in on a little secret. Kim and Eric own, run, and pay for this website so that it is free for all of us, and as a result have access to any data they could possibly want on this site at their fingertips.

In other words, they have 100% of the vote on what they want on this site.
OK. I greatly appreciate and thank them for that. It's a great website. What is your point with your little secret?
Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #24
logan115
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne View Post
Did you just call Kim ignorant? Her board, her rules.
Quote:
OK. I greatly appreciate and thank them for that. It's a great website. What is your point with your little secret?
As Cheyenne pointed out up thread, Kim's board. Kim's rules and anything that could be possibly taken as calling her ignorant would be both wrong and incredibly dangerous to your MO safety.

Chris

MOD 75
Old 06-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #25
SS04
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan115 View Post
As Cheyenne pointed out up thread, Kim's board. Kim's rules and anything that could be possibly taken as calling her ignorant would be both wrong and incredibly dangerous to your MO safety.

Chris
OK. And in the post before this that you just copied I made it clear that I was in no way doing that. That is why I asked you what your point was.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 PM   #26
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

having been there and done that (with the same quotes directed at me), my best suggestion for you is to post a simple "my bad" and thank you for this great board...then exit stage left tout de suite.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )
Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #27
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
OK. And in the post before this that you just copied I made it clear that I was in no way doing that. That is why I asked you what your point was.
I will try to explain.
I am in no way trying to be snarky, just answer your question.
When you responded in this post:

Quote:
Yep. I don't post very often. But I'm on here quite a bit. Everytime I'm looking for info I've found it here for years. Just like I was looking for today. And until today I've never really encountered an ignorant person. Just nice DVC owners like the ones who were looking for the same info as me this morning.
You were responding to username "Administrator"

"Administrator" is Kim. Kim owns this board.
So, maybe it's not what you meant, but it came across as you calling the owner of the board "ignorant".
It's her board. We are all here as her guests. If she doesn't want any more DVC Member site down threads - she has that right.

Quote:
Wow
OK I could have worded that better maybe. Didn't mean to call anybody an ignorant person. Was meant more about the statement made for some reason about me. I'm on here all the time I just don't post a lot. Hence whoever it was that took the time to look up my "stats" and asume I'm not on here was ignorant in the statement they made. I don't post a lot because many of the things I've heard repeated many times in the last many years and don't feel a need to write the same thing again. Which makes it ironic that this happened to my post!! So whoever it was that replied to me like that I in no way meant to call you an ignorant person. I'm not sure if it is the Kim that you are referring to. I will know slow down my rapid posts to maybe once every 3 years or so. But I will still visit daily to see what's going on and look at all the nice pictures from people that enjoy DVC like me.
Now you know who Kim is. Your stats show up right next to your avatar in every post you make. No one has to look anything up. Your avatar shows your join date and the number of posts.

Now - again not meaning to be snarky, maybe you are primarily reading trip reports, but it's difficult to understand how you could visit this site so often and not know who Kim is.
As for the "secrets" or "humor" you have been seeing, Kim generally doesn't tolerate too many responses from uncooperative or argumentative users, and she shouldn't be expected to. This board is a lot of expense and a lot of work for her. Again, it's something we just sort of assume regular visitors would know. (Even if you didn't know who Kim was, her user name is "administrator" - that really should be a clue not to argue or use the term ignorant loosely.)

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

Old 06-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #28
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

SS04........not cool.

I agree with Kim ( administrator ). By the time I would ever see a thread about the website being down, it could very well be up again. How would we know it wasn't an account ( or profile) issue? Just a total waste of time reading about it or reacting to it. JMHO

Old 06-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #29
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

There is value in these type of threads. May be a better way to handle it than a new thread each time but, there is value.

I have not been able to log on before but came here and found others were not having difficulty..so I knew it was something with my browser or, actually in that case new firewall settings..

So, while I understand about the multiple threads, there is value in the information.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #30
Bjamn2
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
There is value in these type of threads. May be a better way to handle it than a new thread each time but, there is value.

I have not been able to log on before but came here and found others were not having difficulty..so I knew it was something with my browser or, actually in that case new firewall settings..

So, while I understand about the multiple threads, there is value in the information.
I agree.... (having trouble with the imoticon for some reason)

When I have trouble logging into other websites, non DVC or Disney, I usually go to the accompanying forum to see if others are having the same issue.