home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #21
hlawton
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
Just waitlist one day at a time. If people are walking their reservation, then your days will become available one at a time as people are moving their reservations forward. For example, Oct. 1st is available right now, as is October 3rd and on. Tomorrow at 8 am, Oct. 3rd will become unavailable, and Oct. 2nd will likely get some availability. Just keep picking up those days as they become available and then have MS merge your individual days together at a later date.

It's like picking up their crumbs as they keep walking.

And remember, people that are walking have to call into MS to move their dates around -- so there won't be any movement until after 9 am EST. So don't get discouraged if you don't see the previous day's crumbs show up right away.
This is great advice! I never had much difficulty booking the AKL value studio until I was wanting to book during the first two weeks of December. Similar to the OP, I was completely shut out on my first two attempts right at 8AM. I managed to pick up all of the days that I needed by either waitlist or stalking the RAT very frequently during the morning hours. I even picked up 3 nights in a concierge studio.

Good luck to the OP, persistence definitely pays off!
hlawton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #22
enginEARmom

I'm glad I found this thread, it's very timely for me. I'm one week out from my 7 month window, and have been keeping an eye on the RAT to see if I'm likely to get the dates I'm looking for, or if I will need to waitlist it or walk the reservation. What are the odds of getting a 2BR at BCV for 8 nights in mid-June?

It does look like there is some reservation walking going on (on 11/1, 6/1 was unavailable, but it opened up again the next day, etc). But there are also some days that have not opened up yet. I will be busy working the morning when my 7 month window opens, and won't be able to book anything until later that day.

If I do try to walk the reservation, I'm thinking of the following scenario, and want to make sure I understand the process:

on 11/10, book 6/10-6/17 for 345 points
on 11/14, call to change reservation, dropping the first 4 nights and adding 5 nights on the back end-- for a final reservation of 6/14-6/22 for 398 points.

I want to make sure I don't use more points in the walking process than I intend to use for the reservation because I'm borrowing some of the points and I know that is a final transaction.

TIA for any advice!
enginEARmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 PM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginEARmom View Post
I'm glad I found this thread, it's very timely for me. I'm one week out from my 7 month window, and have been keeping an eye on the RAT to see if I'm likely to get the dates I'm looking for, or if I will need to waitlist it or walk the reservation. What are the odds of getting a 2BR at BCV for 8 nights in mid-June?

It does look like there is some reservation walking going on (on 11/1, 6/1 was unavailable, but it opened up again the next day, etc). But there are also some days that have not opened up yet. I will be busy working the morning when my 7 month window opens, and won't be able to book anything until later that day.

If I do try to walk the reservation, I'm thinking of the following scenario, and want to make sure I understand the process:

on 11/14, call to change reservation, dropping the first 4 nights and adding 5 nights on the back end-- for a final reservation of 6/14-6/22 for 398 points.

I want to make sure I don't use more points in the walking process than I intend to use for the reservation because I'm borrowing some of the points and I know that is a final transaction.

TIA for any advice!
June is 'easier' for DVC than some other months at least. Remember if you do walk you could wind up with only a portion of your reservation because owners can come in at any time and snag the latter portion.

I would personally be online at 7:55 with the search for room page loaded at 7:59 and hit submit right at 8:00am and not try to walk. We did BCV this year (though earlier in June) and rooms were available for at least few hours for a 2 bedroom. I stopped looking around noon or so.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:07 PM   #24
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Been looking at availability and I've observed that near the end of Sept. std. rooms disappear quickly and daily, yet some reappear leaving only a couple of days without availability. I presume this must be local owners who only go for a couple of days.
Negative -- you are seeing the results of multiple people walking reservations. The random piecemeal availability on the front end are the resulting leftover days that get dropped by the walkers (and no one else has picked them up yet).
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #25
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:

TIA for any advice!
that should work. The only problem with walking at 7 months is that any BCV owner could book ahead of you since they'll still be in their home priority window (this is what Helenabear was saying). It probably won't happen...but it could.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #26
enginEARmom

thanks for the advice. I was able to get on the site just before 7 am CT at my 7 month window, and got exactly the reservation I was looking for. We're excited to try the Beach Club Villas!
enginEARmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #27
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilzer View Post
Thanks everyone. Iíll try again tomorrow. It allowed me to waitlist the desired reservation. Iím guessing most people beat the waitlist, so Iíll keep trying tomorrow, and see what happens. Iím going to use the countdown clock like I have to do with southwest online check in. We will see if that helps.
Also, if you get in the system - book for yourself as a single person in the room to secure the reservation ASAP.
After confirmation add additional people whenever so you complete the reservation before someone else does which may kick you out.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #28
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
thanks for the advice. I was able to get on the site just before 7 am CT at my 7 month window, and got exactly the reservation I was looking for. We're excited to try the Beach Club Villas!
Yay! Enjoy your trip!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:26 PM   #29
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #30
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Nice! Have a great trip!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote