home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2015, 09:15 PM   #41
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieans View Post
What is the availability between 1/1 and 1/8? not the full week, just periodic days in that time frame? I'm staying at a offsite condo during that time frame but I would like to spend one or two nights at Disney. I'd look myself, but waiting for my membership # to come in the mail
This is Marathon week so it's busier than you might think. I am staying 1/2-1/10, and last time I looked availability of studios is very limited with the exception of SSR where you may be able to get several consecutive days. You may do better looking for a 1BR or 2BR.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #42
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

brieans- A few resorts have 2 nights in a row available in a studio. There are a few more that have a single random night available. If you are able to book ASAP, you might be able to get a 2 night stay that week.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- May 15-19 at HHI, Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and March 3-6 at BWV & 6-9 at ???
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:49 PM   #43
brieans
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
This is Marathon week so it's busier than you might think. I am staying 1/2-1/10, and last time I looked availability of studios is very limited with the exception of SSR where you may be able to get several consecutive days. You may do better looking for a 1BR or 2BR.
Thanks! I'll have a couple hundred points expiring at the end of January (banked from 2014 use year) so I'm up for getting the 1bdrm or 2 bdrm if they are available. I'll be in a group of 10 or so, but we can split up between different rooms
brieans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #44
Evilk425

Default OKW Grand Villa 11/11/16-11/20/16?

Hello everyone this is my first post here though I have been reading posts here for a few weeks. We just passed ROFR and are waiting for the closing on SSR. My family is planning a trip in November 2016 and we have 10 of us plus an infant and we are looking to either get a grand villa at OKW or maybe a 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom at AKL or BWV. I was hoping some DVC veterans could let me know what they thought my chances are at getting a grand villa at 7 months. We only have 600 points so a grand villa at SSR is out of the question without buying more points. Also should I try to get a 2 bedroom and a studio at SSR as soon as we close in case we can't get anything else at 7 months?
Evilk425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:06 AM   #45
rfc0001
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilk425 View Post
Hello everyone this is my first post here though I have been reading posts here for a few weeks. We just passed ROFR and are waiting for the closing on SSR. My family is planning a trip in November 2016 and we have 10 of us plus an infant and we are looking to either get a grand villa at OKW or maybe a 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom at AKL or BWV. I was hoping some DVC veterans could let me know what they thought my chances are at getting a grand villa at 7 months. We only have 600 points so a grand villa at SSR is out of the question without buying more points. Also should I try to get a 2 bedroom and a studio at SSR as soon as we close in case we can't get anything else at 7 months?
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you book online at exactly 7 mos @ 8AM -- with possible exception of VGF.
rfc0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #46
Magda

Default Aulani and Polynesian

I have points at Polynesian but would like to book a stay at Aulani for next summer. We've never been there and are wondering how is the booking/waiting list like. Which rooms fill up fast and if there's any availability at all at 7 mo mark for any type of room. Anybody has idea?
Magda is offline   Reply With Quote