home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #81
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I respectfully disagree. I think you put the fold down in the 1-bedrooms where there is more space in the living room. Cramming 5 people into a studio is putting a lot of wear and tear on the studios as so many have mentioned. The addition of just one more person is a big deal when it comes to this kind of stuff. That's why the boards are great though because we all have different opinions and viewpoints. No one is right or wrong.
For families traveling with 5 it works perfectly for us. We do not spend much time in the room other than sleeping (cannot really cook in a Studio) so the space is not really an issue (except at BLT where 3 people felt crowded..ugh). The 5th bed has been a blessing at BCV/BWV. Love it at VGF too.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #82
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. I think you put the fold down in the 1-bedrooms where there is more space in the living room. Cramming 5 people into a studio is putting a lot of wear and tear on the studios as so many have mentioned. The addition of just one more person is a big deal when it comes to this kind of stuff. That's why the boards are great though because we all have different opinions and viewpoints. No one is right or wrong.
Our other points-system timeshare limits studios to only TWO occupants. The 1BR sleeps 4, generally. I *like* the low cap on Studio occupancy.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #83
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Disney keeps their room capacities lower than many other similarly-sized (or even lesser-sized) rooms at other hotels. I figure if it's good enough for a normal hotel, then it's fine for Disney too. Most of the regular deluxe rooms have sleeping for 5 too so there's plenty of precedent.

That being said, I think that so many of the one-bedrooms only sleep 4 is more of an issue. There are plenty of hotels with one-bedroom rooms, including kitchens, that have sleeping for 5 or 6. We stay in one every year when visiting family out-of-town and there's no issue with space. It seems to be a design issue for Disney that "prevents" it in some of the rooms.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #84
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Disney keeps their room capacities lower than many other similarly-sized (or even lesser-sized) rooms at other hotels. I figure if it's good enough for a normal hotel, then it's fine for Disney too. Most of the regular deluxe rooms have sleeping for 5 too so there's plenty of precedent.

That being said, I think that so many of the one-bedrooms only sleep 4 is more of an issue. There are plenty of hotels with one-bedroom rooms, including kitchens, that have sleeping for 5 or 6. We stay in one every year when visiting family out-of-town and there's no issue with space. It seems to be a design issue for Disney that "prevents" it in some of the rooms.
That is one reason the 1BR are last to rent. They are almost always available at 7 months except at the really high seasons...

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:58 PM   #85
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

I actually like two beds in the studios...like OKW. I would like a choice of a king, or two real beds. I really dislike the queen and sofa not-bed.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #86
melcort10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Saw on TripAdvisor (I know, not a reliable source) that there is a model/test room setup already. Has anyone seen it? Does it exist?
melcort10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #87
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I just want a nightstand on both sides of the bed in Studios. I'm really not very demanding.

Outlets with USB ports would be like winning the lottery! The rest, whatever.

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'd probably go with the king size bed too but 2 nightstand would be great. They don't have to be giant. Just smaller, narrow ones on each side would help. I don't think whomever decided on just one wore glasses .
We would take a king size bed over a second night stand, but it would be awesome to have both!
Doubt we will get either, but I can dream

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #88
SUSIEQ2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
Saw on TripAdvisor (I know, not a reliable source) that there is a model/test room setup already. Has anyone seen it? Does it exist?
Interesting. I'd love to see some pics
SUSIEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #89
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post

Kick that giant worthless tub out the door and it would be easy. Whoever thought that louvers constitutes privacy needs a smack in the forehead. I like the 1BD room, but the bathtub configuration is inane.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote