home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #21
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It's the FL resident rates for Gold on up. Changes yearly, but it's a saver for me especially since the gold works for us.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...ey-world-pass/
Thanks!! We still have non expiration tickets but will have to look into APs soon

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, Poly, & DRR
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #22
disneyteach
Grand Villa

The gold AP is definitely the perk we take advantage of the most. When they did the Platinum Plus for the price of Gold...that was amazing! Would love to see that again!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:06 PM   #23
cw62803
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
The gold AP is definitely the perk we take advantage of the most. When they did the Platinum Plus for the price of Gold...that was amazing! Would love to see that again!
Amen!
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #24
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Gold AP is the best perk for us. It was big enough just by itself to convince us to do a 50pt direct add-on. The savings from couple years of Gold AP's for the family at DVC price vs a regular Platinum AP will be enough to offset the direct vs resale premium for such a small contract.

Access to Tables in Wonderland is another nice perk for years we visit a large number of days (covers alcohol & food), but we'd probably only do that years where we'd buy AP's so we'd already be able to get it.

Access to the Epcot Lounge was better than we expected. I doubt it will last though the Epcot remodels, but was fun for some breaks. And the custom soda fountain was a big hit for DS.

We really want Moonlight Magic to be a good perk, but the low number of dates, lack of advanced announcements and not falling during our planned trips means we're not sure we'll get to try it.

Least useful, but an unexpected surprise was getting a purple magic band scan instead of green when entering the parks. Though it only happened for me and not DW- not sure why. DS liked it a lot because purple is one of his rotating favorite colors.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #25
cw62803
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Gold AP is the best perk for us. It was big enough just by itself to convince us to do a 50pt direct add-on. The savings from couple years of Gold AP's for the family at DVC price vs a regular Platinum AP will be enough to offset the direct vs resale premium for such a small contract.

Access to Tables in Wonderland is another nice perk for years we visit a large number of days (covers alcohol & food), but we'd probably only do that years where we'd buy AP's so we'd already be able to get it.

Access to the Epcot Lounge was better than we expected. I doubt it will last though the Epcot remodels, but was fun for some breaks. And the custom soda fountain was a big hit for DS.

We really want Moonlight Magic to be a good perk, but the low number of dates, lack of advanced announcements and not falling during our planned trips means we're not sure we'll get to try it.

Least useful, but an unexpected surprise was getting a purple magic band scan instead of green when entering the parks. Though it only happened for me and not DW- not sure why. DS liked it a lot because purple is one of his rotating favorite colors.
Access to the Gold AP drove my decision to add direct points, too. I'm glad we did it, as it has been awesome for us. We've been able to attend three Moonlight Magic events, and each one made me feel appreciated and valued. We adjusted the dates of our two upcoming trips so we could do it again. As far as the magic band scan, I have not had the great honor of special colors. I get good old green. My wife gets the glamour treatment like you do.

Last edited by cw62803; 02-23-2019 at 07:39 PM.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #26
bakerworld
Grand Villa

There is no perk that tops the DVC membership but I really REALLY enjoy the AP discount
Old 02-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #27
MMC1
Grand Villa

I miss ceiling fans in rooms .
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #28
Ccarroll1100
Grand Villa

The one perk that we would miss the most is the “Welcome Home” greeting.
Ccarroll1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #29
tom82097
Studio

I like taking friends to the TOWL.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #30
zulaya
Grand Villa

Gold Pass AP is pretty significant.
It actually does drive the number of visits we make.
If I couldn't get that pricing, it's very possible that the number of visits each year would decrease.

DVC Member since 2002. Homes at BCV and AKV
30+ trips!

Next trip DH and I: Dec 2019
Next trip the whole fam: May 2020
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote