home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #11
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
I'd have to disagree with the earlier comment that Coco is one of Pixar's weaker outings. We're big fans in this household. You should check it out!
Just a personal opinion of course, and I'm glad you enjoy it. "One of Pixar's weaker offerings" is far from an insult or even a negative comment -- the competition is fierce! I have watched it once and enjoyed it, and perhaps I need to see it again. Most other Pixar movies I've watched multiple times.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #12
Rigby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Just a personal opinion of course, and I'm glad you enjoy it. "One of Pixar's weaker offerings" is far from an insult or even a negative comment -- the competition is fierce! I have watched it once and enjoyed it, and perhaps I need to see it again. Most other Pixar movies I've watched multiple times.
It's definitely one of those movies that gets better with every viewing. There's so much going on in the Land of the Dead scenes that you can't take it all in the first time around. There's gags everywhere and the stuff they do with the skeletons movements is just extraordinary! Great stuff!!!
Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:13 AM   #13
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
What IP would Canada use? Bambi? Meet the Robinsons?
There were rumors of a Brother Bear attraction of some kind for Canada at one time. The only problem is that one has to remember there was a movie called Brother Bear.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #14
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
An A on a report card otherwise filled with A+'s is still the weakest offering!

Dirk

Old 01-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #15
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Like or not, it doesn't matter. This is where Epcot 2.0 is going. Sometimes I look forward to it, other times I regret that there will be more in common between Epcot 2.0 and MK or Studios than between Epcot 2.0 and Epcot 1.0.

Interestingly, Epcot Forever is not pulling in the guests like Disney had hoped. Rumors are that they are pushing up the debut of HarmoniUS in order to keep people in the parks eating and drinking longer. Epcot Forever is sometimes referred to as Rivers of Light 2.0 on the popularity and guest appeal meter.

Dirk

Old 01-09-2020, 11:34 AM   #16
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yep, makes sense to me, too. I understand the purist perspective, but as much as they may complain nothing is changing back to the past. It is what it is.
Yeah - it doesn't bother me either. Disney is what it is - a fantastical escape. I too understand the purist perspective, but this is the route Disney is going, and I a confident we will enjoy it.

What will be interesting to watch is the impact all of this will have on the more 'adult' nature of the World Showcase. Between the added rides and the integration of the library of movies and music, there will be a lot more for the average family to do out there.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #17
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Like or not, it doesn't matter. This is where Epcot 2.0 is going. Sometimes I look forward to it, other times I regret that there will be more in common between Epcot 2.0 and MK or Studios than between Epcot 2.0 and Epcot 1.0.

Interestingly, Epcot Forever is not pulling in the guests like Disney had hoped. Rumors are that they are pushing up the debut of HarmoniUS in order to keep people in the parks eating and drinking longer. Epcot Forever is sometimes referred to as Rivers of Light 2.0 on the popularity and guest appeal meter.

Dirk
Didn't see Epcot Forever in Dec. As traditional it was at 9:30 instead of 9:00 due to CP, and after a full day in one park and another the next morning I couldn't see leaving my cozy room at BCV and dragging my butt up to Epcot to see it. I did that many times for Illuminations, but just wasn't up to it this year.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:53 AM   #18
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

Dirk

I would say it is better then Rivers of Light, but it ain't no Illuminations......Its like that commercial, Its just OK.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:54 AM   #19
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Didn't see Epcot Forever in Dec. As traditional it was at 9:30 instead of 9:00 due to CP, and after a full day in one park and another the next morning I couldn't see leaving my cozy room at BCV and dragging my butt up to Epcot to see it. I did that many times for Illuminations, but just wasn't up to it this year.

We missed the show over our Christmas trip too. First time that we did not see the Epcot Fireworks show over Christmas-NYE week.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #20
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:

Dirk
What I find interesting about that is Epcot Forever was really meant to grab the attention of those Epcot purists. Almost an acknowledgment that they were changing things that those purists enjoyed and this was a little sendoff for them. Most regular guests don't know what any of that music or content is from, except maybe Soarin'. But it appears like those Epcot purists either don't care, or there are far less of them than it seems. Just like RoL, most guests just don't get it. There's nothing for them to connect with.

Which raises another interesting observation. Many here lament the constant addition of IP to the parks, especially Epcot. But if we look at the popularity of nighttime shows, it would seem that guests want IP. They want to see their favorite characters. They want to connect with them in new ways. Surely, this isn't always true. Illuminations was hugely popular (though giant fire spouts may have something to do with that). And the new Up! bird show is not. But I think more often than not, people who spend a week in the park want to do it with as much of the content they spend the other 51 weeks a year enjoying.
PSULion22 is online now   Reply With Quote