home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #21
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I take Gardenview over boardwalk any day. Yes itís the same amount of points. Itís also dramatically quieter and more private. I donít have to listen to that boat horn all night and I donít have to listen to people having a party outside my window. To me the waste of points would be to pay for a room I donít like it boardwalk. Iíd rather have the garden room. You should never assume that your decision on how to use your points are a final verdict on what is the appropriate use and any other uses is wrong. Only makes you appear arrogant
i heard that!

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #22
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I take Gardenview over boardwalk any day. Yes itís the same amount of points. Itís also dramatically quieter and more private. I donít have to listen to that boat horn all night and I donít have to listen to people having a party outside my window. To me the waste of points would be to pay for a room I donít like it boardwalk. Iíd rather have the garden room. You should never assume that your decision on how to use your points are a final verdict on what is the appropriate use and any other uses is wrong. Only makes you appear arrogant
Our experience with garden view last year was an extremely noisy wedding reception just outside of our room. For hours! Next time Iíll try for standard view and pray that there arenít any motorcycles in the parking lot. I would never try to book boardwalk view because of the noise potential. But then, thatís one reason we own BRV vs BWV.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #23
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Our experience with garden view last year was an extremely noisy wedding reception just outside of our room. For hours! Next time Iíll try for standard view and pray that there arenít any motorcycles in the parking lot. I would never try to book boardwalk view because of the noise potential. But then, thatís one reason we own BRV vs BWV.
We have stayed in both BW view and standard view. Donít count on standard being any quieter. We were in a studio and heard the trash trucks and buses EVERY MORNING. After the continued noise from Jelly Rolls at night and the bus turnaround noise ( and trash trucks) we sold. Bought at VWL and never looked back!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #24
ccsmith312
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
11 months ago I booked the days I had points. I figured I'd add WLs on either end and 7 months out I had a good chance of getting the vacation I wanted. I added the 2 WLs and received the 1st around 6 months out. As the time commenced, and sporadically checking to see no availability, I figured the last day wasn't going to happen. Today I received a BD present in the form of an email welcoming us to our November vacation showing the last day had come thru. Hopped on SW and changed flights successfully - actually less in $$. Fixed the ME. So ccsmith312 don't give up.
Congratulations! That is a win!
Old 10-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #25
ccsmith312
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
From my point of view is that we have more people who bought in with less points than before too. Families cramming 5 into studios where they couldn't before. Making the buy in low at the same time that most studios sleep 5 now really put a bad balance.

Yeah we have retirees but polls I saw on average number of points has been lower than I recall when I first bought in.
We bought our points before the studios started sleeping five, but we like to travel several times a year, so if we can save points by squeezing into a studio we'll do it. We had originally thought we'd book 1BR's every trip but when you look at the point difference the studios make more sense (for us at least, we stay at most 3-4 nights when we go, I couldn't do a week like that).
Old 10-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #26
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We have stayed in both BW view and standard view. Donít count on standard being any quieter. We were in a studio and heard the trash trucks and buses EVERY MORNING. After the continued noise from Jelly Rolls at night and the bus turnaround noise ( and trash trucks) we sold. Bought at VWL and never looked back!!!!!!!
So happy that we own BRV! Honestly, our next ďnon-homeĒ visit will likely be at AKV Jambo. Those two resorts are our favorites. VGF is in the top 3, but has a more formal feel to it. I donít feel like I can really be a vacation slouch over there...
Old 10-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #27
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
VGF has a more formal feel to it. I don’t feel like I can really be a vacation slouch over there...
plus, for some reason, the monorail feels like a longer walk than the Poly.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #28
heathpack
Studio

Quote:
On another forum, I once started a thread about how we took a summer trip to Marriott Mountainside in Park City, and liked it so much that we decided to buy a summer week there. I went on to explain that the specific thing that was perfect about it for us was the location at the base of Park City Mountain. Iím an avid mountain biker, and that is our purpose for traveling to Park City. My husband, on the other hand, does not mountain bike but likes to sleep in. So the gist of my thread was how perfect this resort is for us- I can just wheel my mountain bike out the front door of Mountainside and start riding, my husband can sleep in. No muss, no fuss, no me taking the car and leaving him stranded, no need for him to drive me somewhere to drop me off or pick me up, etc.

And what does some guy post by way of reply? A query asking why I didnít buy at Marriott Summit Watch, which after all has a Ďfar superiorí location. (Summit Watch is located in town, which maybe is a good location if youíre interested in shopping and restaurants but is definitely way inferior if youíre there for mountain biking.)

It was kind of funny in its cluelessness. As if everyone values the exact same thing as the guy who replied to my post, and what works best for him is best. Period.

Member DVC Hilton Head Island & Villas at Grand Californian
Hyatt Residence Club High Sierra Lodge, Tahoe
Hyatt Residence Club Highlands Inn, Carmel CA
Marriott Vacation Club Barony Beach Resort,Hilton Head
Marriott Vacation Club Mountainside, Park City
Vistana Signature Network Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach
heathpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #29
richviii
Two Bedroom

I have something reserved but had hoped to switch in May and it does seem like studios are a tough find at this point. I was a little surprised. Luckily we will be happy if we stay where we are but hoping to switch. A few places look like there are people walking, for what, I am not sure.

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #30
jveneskywool
One Bedroom

Default 7 months etc

Hi
OKW since 1993
I booked a 2BR at OKW at exactly 11 months for March 2020, and I had to waitlist a day, which I now have. I can't imagine 7 month window.
jveneskywool is offline   Reply With Quote