home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #21
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Thanks for all the replies everyone. My head is spinning trying to figure out where we (I mean I haha) want to stay. DW kinda really doesnt give a crap, but her only stipulation is a sleeper chair. So that narrows down my choices.

That being said, we are not real room hang arounders. Kids are up early, and the wife wants to hit parades and fireworks this time around. I think I may start a new thread and take a pool of my 4 narrowed down choices.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #22
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone. My head is spinning trying to figure out where we (I mean I haha) want to stay. DW kinda really doesnt give a crap, but her only stipulation is a sleeper chair. So that narrows down my choices.

That being said, we are not real room hang arounders. Kids are up early, and the wife wants to hit parades and fireworks this time around. I think I may start a new thread and take a pool of my 4 narrowed down choices.
Sleeper chair is going to limit your choices. Sounds like a fun poll, though!
Old 10-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #23
Leon O
Two Bedroom

Kidani - Savana so you can usually see animals from your room.
Jambo - Standard because the walks to viewing areas are shorter.

Either way spend some time at the Kidani pool and splash area. In a few years your kids will be too old to appreciate its uniqueness.

Have fun!
Leon O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #24
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

AKL is our home resort. Have stayed a few times at both options.

Jambo is "busier' in feel....... more "going on". Fantastic lobby.

Kidani feels more quiet and remote and private.

If you are not around the room during the times the animals are most active and out and about......... then the savannah view might be a waste. If you are rope drop to fireworks....... you aren't going to see much in the way of animals.

Note...... we bring night vision binocs with us. There are LOTS of animals out on the savannah at night....... you just can't see them with the naked eye.

best,

.................john
Old 10-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #25
bobbafett
Grand Villa

My home resort too and stayed many times before purchasing in 08.
I do love Savannah view. But if your out and about. could be a waste. But every once in a while you get to see great animal interactions.

There is so many great viewing areas in jambo. I suggest walking around the resort to see animals that way. You get to see and enjoy the resort.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17, AKL 18, 18. VGF 18, VAK 18. ASM 19

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #26
reblzmom
Grand Villa

My view is a bit different. If you are going to be out and about so much, why AKV? To me Kidani and Jambo both lend themselves to wanting to stay at the resorts more. The MK and Epcot resorts for me are better for being on the go.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #27
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

I prefer the Savannah any day. Im usually up long before the rest of the gang and there is nothing better than coffee and animal watching in the AM.

Also, you said your were planning to drive to the parks. In case youre not aware of it EVERY park but Hollywood is a royal pain in the @$$ to get to from the parking lot! Id suggest using the buses/boats/monorail/gondolas over driving! Were locals and weve been parking at Hollywood to go to Epcot as its less construction to deal with. The gondola ride was quicker than the boat and much quicker than walking from either Hollywood OR the Epcot parking lot.

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:40 AM   #28
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackowski View Post
Interested in this thread too. If Jambo, but in a studio, any suggestions on room locations/requests? I'm hoping we can get a peek of the sav view.
If you are in a Standard Studio at Jambo, request a room on the Kudu Trail. The beginning part of that wing has Standard Studios that used to be called 'Savannah View' but they are only of a small part of the savannah, so they are now standard.

You probably can't go wrong at either resort. They both have good pluses and very few minuses. GIANT SIZE BUILDINGS is one possible negative. But both buildings have wonderful things.

Poly, AKL, BLT

Last edited by FCivish3; 10-06-2019 at 02:47 AM.
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote