home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #11
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I checked availability today, first time in a while, and I was able to snag a one-bedroom Preferred View at Riviera, so we no longer have to change resorts after our first night. I have to say that I am totally surprised that there was an available room. My waitlist has now changed to a one-bedroom Standard view so we hopefully will not have to change rooms at all.

If it comes thru, fine, if not, I might book the dining plan for just that first night to get the refillable mug to use for the rest of the trip. If it does come thru, and we are able to check in and stay put for the whole 8 nights, then the hassle of not having to move is worth giving up the mug, imho.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #12
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Nicely done!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #13
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I checked availability today, first time in a while, and I was able to snag a one-bedroom Preferred View at Riviera, so we no longer have to change resorts after our first night. I have to say that I am totally surprised that there was an available room. My waitlist has now changed to a one-bedroom Standard view so we hopefully will not have to change rooms at all.

If it comes thru, fine, if not, I might book the dining plan for just that first night to get the refillable mug to use for the rest of the trip. If it does come thru, and we are able to check in and stay put for the whole 8 nights, then the hassle of not having to move is worth giving up the mug, imho.
I hope there's some good fireworks views that first night for you! (If you can't move, that is)

I'm really looking forward to Riviera, though now I have to hope the gondolas are up and running again.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I hope there's some good fireworks views that first night for you! (If you can't move, that is)

I'm really looking forward to Riviera, though now I have to hope the gondolas are up and running again.

Dirk
Oh they will be, I have no doubt at all--that is the main reason we chose to stay there. I think they will be back up and running in no time at all.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote