home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2020, 11:38 PM   #6761
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
My experience was the opposite. Soon after COVID broke, I went to the grocery store (Kroger) at 9AM on Sunday, and every other person in the store was wearing a mask! That sufficiently embarrassed me that I bought a couple masks and have been using them since.

But I don't think I'll be walking around the park with DECEASED people, whether they wear masks or not.
Where are you walking?
The haunted mansion?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #6762
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Where are you walking?
The haunted mansion?
It was a joke-misread of decreased people ---> deceased people.
I tried.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #6763
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

We are headed back north again and made it to Mt. Vernon IL. DH went to Kroger for some things to eat for dinner which is right up the street from the Drury Inn we are camped at for the night. 90% in Kroger did not have on masks and he said people were actually looking at him strange. He was shocked. Itís a small city in southern IL.

Traffic has been horrible since we passed thru Atlanta this morning. TN was bumper to bumper the entire way. Multiple accidents. Tough 10.5 hours. I hope tomorrow is easier for the final leg. We were so worried about the traffic in Atlanta and it was the easiest all day. Nashville was typical too. Going was much easier than the trip home. Another Loveís was packed in TN, no masks, tons of people not social distancing. Crazy.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #6764
chrisvee
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
We are headed back north again and made it to Mt. Vernon IL. DH went to Kroger for some things to eat for dinner which is right up the street from the Drury Inn we are camped at for the night. 90% in Kroger did not have on masks and he said people were actually looking at him strange. He was shocked. Itís a small city in southern IL.

Traffic has been horrible since we passed thru Atlanta this morning. TN was bumper to bumper the entire way. Multiple accidents. Tough 10.5 hours. I hope tomorrow is easier for the final leg. We were so worried about the traffic in Atlanta and it was the easiest all day. Nashville was typical too. Going was much easier than the trip home. Another Loveís was packed in TN, no masks, tons of people not social distancing. Crazy.
take care

unsurprised about southern IL, seems to be a pocket of resistance there:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ority/2299563/
chrisvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:04 PM   #6765
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Stay safe! Hope tomorrow is a better day!
Old 07-05-2020, 07:05 PM   #6766
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:

And this is why the virus is spreading so fast.

I hate wearing a mask in our climate. It is hot and uncomfortable, but we donít go out without one. We cancelled our August trip partly because of the masks. I donít think that we would have had a good time.

The 4th of July weekend is a bummer for car trips!
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #6767
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

I hate wearing a mask in our climate. It is hot and uncomfortable, but we donít go out without one. We cancelled our August trip partly because of the masks. I donít think that we would have had a good time.

Iím with you. I hate the masks, and prefer to stay home rather than deal with them. But I do use them when Iím out. Iím basically a rule follower, even when I donít like it.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #6768
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Stay true to your feelings
Old 07-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #6769
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

I hate wearing a mask in our climate. It is hot and uncomfortable, but we don’t go out without one. We cancelled our August trip partly because of the masks. I don’t think that we would have had a good time.

It's our normal hot and humid here. I think it was 95 today and has been around that the last few days. We did several hours at the zoo. We managed fine outside of my skin breaking out. But no one can see when I have one on so no big lol

I'm used to it here now I think.

Quote:
We are headed back north again and made it to Mt. Vernon IL. DH went to Kroger for some things to eat for dinner which is right up the street from the Drury Inn we are camped at for the night. 90% in Kroger did not have on masks and he said people were actually looking at him strange. He was shocked. It’s a small city in southern IL.

Traffic has been horrible since we passed thru Atlanta this morning. TN was bumper to bumper the entire way. Multiple accidents. Tough 10.5 hours. I hope tomorrow is easier for the final leg. We were so worried about the traffic in Atlanta and it was the easiest all day. Nashville was typical too. Going was much easier than the trip home. Another Love’s was packed in TN, no masks, tons of people not social distancing. Crazy.
Boo on all the traffic and such. Safe travels to you.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #6770
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Masks in southern GA were very different from home. The heat and humidity was amazing in a mask. When we were at Kroger in Hinesville GA I think I partially melted in the parking lot. We both said Disney would have been difficult. Likewise in southern IL tonight unpacking the car in 98 degrees but the humidity was not nearly as high. Something about being surrounded by swamp land makes it pretty steamy!! Iím sure itís hot at home now too. Weíll see tomorrow.

Today we were to be flying home from Disney. Loved seeing my kids!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote