home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-09-2020, 09:36 AM   #11
Sarco11
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I don't think Disney could do MNSSHP under the current rules. No parades. No fireworks. No meet and greets. No trick or treating. What's left?

Perhaps they are rethinking parties for the fall.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't say that!

Somehow I missed this thread. This was the ONE thing I was hoping would still happen due to decreased crowd size, but I have also had recent thoughts about what it will be like with no meet and greets, parades or fireworks. I am glad that I bought Oct tickets some time ago and have DVC rental reservations (at Jambo) for 2 nights. Get some pool time and maybe a night with reduced crowd size even without all the extras, that would still be worth getting to go somewhere.

Was following the party up with a Halloween cruise, and also started thinking about how it will be disappointing without all the awesome pics with the characters in Halloween garb and the big Halloween party (assumption that there is something like this). I could get a 4-night cruise without the pizazz cheaper elsewhere. MY PIF date is in 12 days, but am already PIF. The cruise cost would pay for the difference between a 4A Verandah and Cat V on the 8-night Northern European Cruise in Aug 2021.

I think we can survive without any Disney trips for the rest of the year, just not quite as happily.
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #12
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't say that!

Somehow I missed this thread. This was the ONE thing I was hoping would still happen due to decreased crowd size, but I have also had recent thoughts about what it will be like with no meet and greets, parades or fireworks. I am glad that I bought Oct tickets some time ago and have DVC rental reservations (at Jambo) for 2 nights. Get some pool time and maybe a night with reduced crowd size even without all the extras, that would still be worth getting to go somewhere.

Was following the party up with a Halloween cruise, and also started thinking about how it will be disappointing without all the awesome pics with the characters in Halloween garb and the big Halloween party (assumption that there is something like this). I could get a 4-night cruise without the pizazz cheaper elsewhere. MY PIF date is in 12 days, but am already PIF. The cruise cost would pay for the difference between a 4A Verandah and Cat V on the 8-night Northern European Cruise in Aug 2021.

I think we can survive without any Disney trips for the rest of the year, just not quite as happily.
For now, Jambo is closed. So you might be moved to another resort in October, depending on overall occupancy. Just a little more salt for those wounds.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #13
Boz
Studio

Unhappy

Disney just announced that the MNSSHP has been cancelled.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/...Hi7_1idLO7wyzU