home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Moonlight Magic Cancelled

I got an email today that any Membership Magic events like Moonlight Magic are cancelled for April and May. I had already cancelled my reservations and flights a few weeks ago, but it is still depressing. Here is the email:

Dear Members Ė

Thank you for your patience as we navigate the challenges associated with COVID-19. This has been a difficult situation for everyone, yet it is uplifting to see so many examples of kindness and compassion toward others.

As you are aware, based on state and federal guidance and for the protection of our Members, Guests and Cast Members, Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Vacation Club properties are closed until further notice. Given this closure, Membership Magic events scheduled for April and May have been cancelled, including the Moonlight Magic event on April 28 for which you registered. We realize this is disappointing and appreciate your understanding.

Our team at Disney Vacation Club canít wait to welcome you back ďhomeĒ just as soon as we can Ė at our resorts, at a Membership Magic event or elsewhere around the neighborhood. In the meantime, we invite you to share any Disney magic moments youíre enjoying at home with your fellow Members and fans by tagging your social media posts with #DisneyMagicMoments. And to continue experiencing Disney wherever you may be, visit DisneyMagicMoments.com.

Stay well,

Your Disney Vacation Club Family
Old 04-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #2
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Very depressing.

My trip started this coming Monday at my momís and itís WARM there and the forecast says 37 here on Monday.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:11 AM   #3
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Yes, I got the email today also. Kind of laughed to myself as I never get any type of emails from Disney, AP or DVC. The one and only that gets through to me is a cancellation. Although I pretty much knew this was inevitable, it still made me sad.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:41 AM   #4
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Hopefully this crap ends by May 1st and they don't cancel the June 29th MM.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #5
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
Hopefully this crap ends by May 1st and they don't cancel the June 29th MM.
We have that one booked too. We will make the decision about Late June before SWA releases flights on May 28th. Hopefully we'll know something by then.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
TexasChick
Grand Villa

We also have June 29th MM booked. I hope that trip happens too! Iíd be very upset if Disney is still closed, but I know itís a possibility.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #7
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
We also have June 29th MM booked. I hope that trip happens too! Iíd be very upset if Disney is still closed, but I know itís a possibility.
Iím less optimistic at this point in time.

Pondering when my ap will extend to and should I renew or buy new.
I no longer count on what the future might bring and trips on a particular ap.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

It is sad...we want to book something so I did January the other day. But NEED some Disney before then!!! I think it is highly doubtful they will be open before even the end of June.

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #9
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
It is sad...we want to book something so I did January the other day. But NEED some Disney before then!!! I think it is highly doubtful they will be open before even the end of June.
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea whatís going to happen with regards to when theyíll open back up. Iíll continue to be cautiously optimistic theyíre open by June knowing they may not be.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #10
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

We had the April Moonlight Magic. Cancelled that reservation and rebooked to the end of June. To our surprise, there was a MM on the 29th, which looks like a lot of MOs were going to that one. Well, we decided it was just too close for comfort whether Disney will open for June so we once again changed our reservation to the end of October. Thought maybe it would be three for three, but no, nothing scheduled during our stay this time around. Bummed!
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote