home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile ROTR - new queue

Hi here at WDW. Tomorrow is Hollywood studios. I think there is new queue using system for ROTR. Can anyone tell me how it works. ?

Last time I was here you had to be at HS at something like 8 am to join virtual queue from MDE. Was advised to turn on data plan and turn off Wi-Fi. If u missed getting a pass there was another chance at 2 pm.

Can someone give me the best tips for now? Asking because we’re going tomorrow.

Tia goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Hi here at WDW. Tomorrow is Hollywood studios. I think there is new queue using system for ROTR. Can anyone tell me how it works. ?

Last time I was here you had to be at HS at something like 8 am to join virtual queue from MDE. Was advised to turn on data plan and turn off Wi-Fi. If u missed getting a pass there was another chance at 2 pm.

Can someone give me the best tips for now? Asking because we’re going tomorrow.

Tia goldi
I follow a couple of threads on the DIS forums about RotR BGs, good info/recommendations,
But mainly now:
You can try to get a BG now from your room/anywhere off site/hotel, AS LONG AS you have a park reservation, and everyone is linked to MDE etc. at 7AM.
So open that app, and be ready to go before 7AM
They've also changed the second time to 1:00 PM, and you MUST be in HS at 1 to try for this, if you missed the first chance at 7

I don't know what to recommend about wifi vs cell network. In Nov, from AK Kidani, I used wifi and got BG 7. But another day at BwV used wifi and got BG 66,
I don't know how to do this ,but there are ways to test phone speeds or something like that to see what would be better

I got BGs from starting on the main AT AT page, and I was on the app, ready to go several mins bef 7, refreshing. hit Join, next screen Join, then it will automatically select everyone on your MDE who has a park reservation, DO NOT STOP to look over the names, deselect, add, nothing, do not hesitate, just hit Continue, and next screen will give BG if you got one

Good luck, and may the force be with you!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
Nickys
Grand Villa

Also, in addition to what JediMom said, get everyone trying. Ignore the official Disney line of “only have one person trying”.

And if, for any reason, you have a problem with:

- not everyone in your party having been included in the BG (do not stop & check), then the CMs in the park can add the missing person if you can show them that they did indeed have a park reservation. Just ask nicely. 😊

- if you have an old iPhone (maybe a 5S, not sure) there is a known issue. Again if you find the booking screen won’t load, go to GS and ask very sweetly, if there is anything they can do to help.

🤞🤞🤞 for you.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
Joeli
Grand Villa

Another suggestion is to close all apps on your phone, and to shut phone down and leave it off for a minute or more then restart. Also it helps to have another person doing a live countdown from a site such as https://time.is

We used the WiFi signal at the resort. We were staying at a bungalow, but I can’t imagine they do something special for the WIFi from there versus any other part of the resort....

I wish you much luck and hoping for some pixie dust for you!

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, May - PVB, Jul - BLT, SSR/DCL Fantasy, Oct - PVB, Nov - PVB)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept, Aug, Oct, Nov) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO), BCV, BWV, PVB (bungalow)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Lion King/Nemo/Lion King)

Last edited by Joeli; 12-27-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:36 PM   #5
lcras
Studio

Agree, have everyone try. My husband and I both had the app open, he click through to reserve and it told him he was too early, I then click through and got in, we were BG 64 and it was only a few seconds after 7 a.m. Good Luck.

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
Spartan86
One Bedroom

Good info here:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/st...aq-ride-guide/

As said above, we tried from BWV, on cellular as the clock ticked over. I got a “problem” message, my wife got through and we were BG 62 (alternate). Our group did get called however about 2PM.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #7
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile Thanks

Thanks everyone.

May the force be with me.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #8
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Thanks everyone.

May the force be with me.

Goldi
I don't think it works when you use it on yourself..... so

May the Force be with you Goldi!
Old 12-27-2020, 06:09 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I don't think it works when you use it on yourself..... so

May the Force be with you Goldi!
You’re probably also one of “those people” who look sideways at people who talk to themselves. But I have to talk to myself, because sometimes there is no one else around to talk to. And before you ask, of course I answer myself! I mean, how rude would it be to keep talking to myself and never answer myself? Besides, I’m the only person who will always say exactly what I want to hear...
Old 12-27-2020, 07:20 PM   #10
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
You’re probably also one of “those people” who look sideways at people who talk to themselves. But I have to talk to myself, because sometimes there is no one else around to talk to. And before you ask, of course I answer myself! I mean, how rude would it be to keep talking to myself and never answer myself? Besides, I’m the only person who will always say exactly what I want to hear...
Actually I'm one of those people who talks to people who look sideways at themselves .

I hope this pandemic ends soon. I think it's starting to affect me....
AND you!

Last edited by erikthewise; 12-27-2020 at 07:32 PM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote