home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-24-2020, 10:58 AM   #431
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 19,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Arenít you just the handy man? Well done!
Working from home, and especially in a week when most folks are taking off, does have its advantages

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #432
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Working from home, and especially in a week when most folks are taking off, does have its advantages

Cheers.
Good point!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #433
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,759
Default

So, an advantage of having a husband in the timber industry...
Tim is currently working on a tract of timber that has to be completely cut and cleared so that the owner can re-plant it. That means everything has to go, even wood that doesnít have a market around here. He really canít stand to waste perfectly good wood. And we have a neighbor with a small sawmill at his house. Today he brings home...Cedar!







Now, if he can get that planer heís been drooling over, he will use the pretty wood to finish out my quilt studio. You can already see it coming. Sigh. Iím buying the planer for Christmas. Then we can get started on the inside of the shop after the New Year. Men and their toys...
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #434
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 19,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Men and their toys...
Says the woman with the new quilter...

But, yeah, men. We don't outgrow toys. They just get more expensive...and dangerous...

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #435
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Says the woman with the new quilter...

But, yeah, men. We don't outgrow toys. They just get more expensive...and dangerous...

Cheers.
Love my quilting machine! It’s very satisfying to take perfectly good pieces of fabric, cut them into tiny little shapes, sew them back together, and then use my baby to make a snugglie quilt! It’s my therapy...

And the cedar really is pretty!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #436
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 13,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, an advantage of having a husband in the timber industry...
Tim is currently working on a tract of timber that has to be completely cut and cleared so that the owner can re-plant it. That means everything has to go, even wood that doesnít have a market around here. He really canít stand to waste perfectly good wood. And we have a neighbor with a small sawmill at his house. Today he brings home...Cedar!







Now, if he can get that planer heís been drooling over, he will use the pretty wood to finish out my quilt studio. You can already see it coming. Sigh. Iím buying the planer for Christmas. Then we can get started on the inside of the shop after the New Year. Men and their toys...
I
Love
Wood.

That cedar looks like fun.....
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #437
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 13,218
Default

The kitchen is FINISHED!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:51 PM   #438
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 13,218
Default













kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:57 PM   #439
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom
 
ggatorgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 835
Default

Congrats, Dan. It's gorgeous!! And all that storage!

Great Job!!!
__________________
Sue
Member since 1992
OKW, AKL, BCV, BLT
ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:44 PM   #440
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 13,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
Congrats, Dan. It's gorgeous!! And all that storage!

Great Job!!!
Thank you!
We actually have empty shelves!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software