home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
aamove
Two Bedroom

Default Disney Dining Plan Split stay

We are staying at two different resorts in March 3 days in one and 4 in another If we want to do the dining plan can we just do it our last four days or do we have to purchase for the entire stay?

November 2006 SSR (first trip home)
November 17th-26th 2007 BCV,BWV,SSR
November 19th-29th 2010 OKW
March 10th -15th 2012 DCL 5 day cruise
March 15th-19th 2012 SSR
November 22nd-30th SSR, BLT
November 19th-26th 2017 OKW (next trip home)

MOD19
aamove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #2
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

You can get it for either part or both parts of your stay. It's actually a great way to use it without paying or eating too much.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #3
DisneyObsessed
Studio

This trip we are doing deluxe the first half and nothing second half. It worked out better for us than cash with discounts. We are so stuffed by the second half (just doing regular ddp) that we kinda dread eating the second part. Because it goes through midnight the day of departure, we were able to maximize the deluxe doing it the first half. Kinda like having an extra day.
DisneyObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsessed View Post
This trip we are doing deluxe the first half and nothing second half. It worked out better for us than cash with discounts. We are so stuffed by the second half (just doing regular ddp) that we kinda dread eating the second part. Because it goes through midnight the day of departure, we were able to maximize the deluxe doing it the first half. Kinda like having an extra day.
That is what we did this teip
Old 08-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
That is what we did this teip
I just have a quick question about this. I though that I had read reports that said with a split stay, you had to use all dining credits from the first stay before you checked in to second resort, or you would lose them. But it seems like you are both saying that the credits are good until midnight even after you check in to the second resort? Is that correct?
Old 08-11-2018, 01:14 AM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I just have a quick question about this. I though that I had read reports that said with a split stay, you had to use all dining credits from the first stay before you checked in to second resort, or you would lose them. But it seems like you are both saying that the credits are good until midnight even after you check in to the second resort? Is that correct?
I can confirm that.

We checked into Kidani at around 10am, but still used our QS credits for the rest of the day without problems.

If you have the plan for both parts of a split stay, you have to use all the credits from plan 1 before using any from plan 2. Even snack credits have to be used up. And sometimes there can be an issue there if you donít physically check-out of the first resort. The credits from part 2 donít always kick in, But the CMs at the resort front desk can fix it, even if you need to pay OOP, they will refund and apply the credits.

Maybe you were thinking of that issue? But as I say, you donít lose credits either way.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #7
jamesa1
Studio

I am doing this in fall and decided on using the DxDP for the first part of the split stay. My main reason is that I can use the credits over four days since they do not expire until midnight of the first day at resort two. Secondly, I do not use the refillable mug but having it over the seven days is a slight better value for me. For me three days is my maximum on the DxDP.
jamesa1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I can confirm that.

We checked into Kidani at around 10am, but still used our QS credits for the rest of the day without problems.

If you have the plan for both parts of a split stay, you have to use all the credits from plan 1 before using any from plan 2. Even snack credits have to be used up. And sometimes there can be an issue there if you donít physically check-out of the first resort. The credits from part 2 donít always kick in, But the CMs at the resort front desk can fix it, even if you need to pay OOP, they will refund and apply the credits.

Maybe you were thinking of that issue? But as I say, you donít lose credits either way.
Thank you! Weíve never done the dining plan with a split stay, so Iím sure I just got confused. I really donít care about the DP for myself, but DH loves the convenience of having everything paid for before we get there. So I told him we could consider buying the DDP for the first half of our split stay. No way am I doing that for the whole trip! Too much wasted food and wasted money. But if we could essentially spread the six meal over three days, I can probably make that work . Thanks again!
Old 08-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #9
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:

Better value, when done for the first half.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #10
cw62803
One Bedroom

We did the DDP night this summer. We had a one-night stay at Boardwalk on July 4 so we could walk home from Illuminations. Stretching the plan over two days, we had a dinner at Akershus, lunch at Morimoto Asia (it counts as one dining credit for lunch,) and dinner at 'Ohana.

I usually do not feel like I get my money's worth dining at Disney, but for those two days we did well.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote