home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Fall availability, am I missing something?

It seems like when previous resorts declared more sales, you would see a brief period of availability. Maybe not at that resort, but at least at others as people were able to shift reservations from their existing resort to the new resort.

Admittedly, I have only been watching the fall, specifically November. But I haven't really seen much movement in the various resorts as CCV has declared more units. Did I just blink and miss it? Or has availability not been affected much with the new declarations? It seemed that things were much different with the Poly as it sold. Wondering what others have observed...
Old 07-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Not certain what DVC is doing with the declarations now but it doesn't seem like any of the CCV have ever popped up availability.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

That is my thought. Usually when a new resort is introduced, there is good availability at that resort for a period. Not so for CCV.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Iíd like to think that waitlists are just being automatically filled. But that doesnít explain the lack of availability at other resorts. Iím just not seeing much movement at all, really.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa

It can sometimes take days for all the waitlist matches and decisions to filter through. We may set our plans in the system and it takes a random phone call to MS for them to let us know both have matched and we can decide.

Also, if the units declared might have Jan-Jun UY, would they have to open up that unit for DVC stays before that use year began? I would assume they already had cash bookings lined up for these rooms for the fall (with the cash offsetting the 2018 points/dues), so I don't really know how the declaration affects bookings inside 7 months. Tried to look at the contracts but couldn't find anything that might speak to this
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #6
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

I think DVD is just getting better at timing the declarations so that they can get the most possible from booking their inventory for cash. Once they declare, they lose access to cash bookings for that group of points declared.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

I wondered the same thing. Last year when they declared more points at Poly, we were able to get a 3 day ressie in a standard studio. I put in a waitlist at CCV back in March or so for our August trip thinking it would get filled as more points were declared. I think there were two declarations and we never got it filled. I RAT stalked and ended up with a res at BLT, which is our home but didn't have availability when we originally booked.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #8
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I think DVD is just getting better at timing the declarations so that they can get the most possible from booking their inventory for cash. Once they declare, they lose access to cash bookings for that group of points declared.
This.

Also CCV is very small in size. So even if they declare some points, wait list for fall probably is too long to leave anything open for others to grab.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
This.

Also CCV is very small in size. So even if they declare some points, wait list for fall probably is too long to leave anything open for others to grab.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:30 AM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Never, never, never check the availability tool after youíve taken pain medicine and gone to bed! I did one of my OCD checks last night around 11:30pm, and there was partial availability for our November at Jambo! 1BR standard, 1BR Savannah, and 1BR club were all available for 2/4 nights! I said I didnít want to do a split stay this time. But... the codeine overruled my better judgement and I booked the Savannah View. Iíve already changed resorts 3 times now, and itís not November yet. I didnít really care for Kidani, and DH didnít either. But I really loved Jambo and wanted him to experience it for himself. So looks like I will be stalking/WL/cash paying for those other two nights. Worst case will be a split stay. Either way, do not cruise availability when youíre sleepy!