home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
policy changes can certainly affect the tourism industry here in the us as well as abroad. A very sad effect.
Decreased crowds in WDW could be a positive side effect.
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #12
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenkeeney View Post
Good point. It's gonna be a yuuuge pain in the ass. Everyone should cancel their planned Disney trips!!!

Cheers.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #13
JaimeDisneyLover
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarroll1100 View Post
It has not changed anything for us. My wife still brings too many bags. Lol
I had to check & see if it was my husband who posted that!
Old 01-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #14
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenkeeney View Post
In the short term possibly but I wonder how much of US tourism comes from foreign $? Long term keeping foreigners out couldn't be good. But then again if it becomes too much a hassle to travel abroad and public sentiment towards Americans declines to a critical point, many more Americans will be planning extra Disney trips to potentially keep the parks just as crowded. If my plans for my Europe vacation fall through ill fill in with extra disney vacations.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
Kerri jo
One Bedroom

No intention of changing plans at this moment. Upcoming itineraries for next few months include WDW, France, Costa Rica, WDW, Italy and WDW. Incidents can happen anywhere, anytime and most often have nothing to do with political climate. Our family practices the philosophy of "Life's too short to live in fear" but we also take precautions (checking international travel warnings through Bureau of Consular Affairs, enrolling in STEP) and we are willing to adjust if there is risk beyond what is reasonable to mitigate. When reflecting on the domestic front, who would have foreseen the need to avoid a movie theater (Denver), a nightclub (Orlando), the Federal Building (Oklahoma City), various public schools, etc. Life comes with risk, whether one travels or not.
2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #16
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyDuck View Post
Has the current events affected your trip planning???
It was a bog reason behind our decision to drive instead of fly to WDW now. Even though it's almost 1300 miles each way, we much prefer not having the TSA hassle, the cancelled flights, missed connections, etc. And the last time we were at WDW, there was the shooting at the Fort Lauderdale Airport the day before we left. We turned to each other and said "So glad we avoid airports now." Yeah, I know we risk auto accidents, bad weather, etc. now, but right now we're just living in the "Glad we don't experience airports any more" moment.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:10 PM   #17
ccsuwxman
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
It was a bog reason behind our decision to drive instead of fly to WDW now. Even though it's almost 1300 miles each way, we much prefer not having the TSA hassle, the cancelled flights, missed connections, etc. And the last time we were at WDW, there was the shooting at the Fort Lauderdale Airport the day before we left. We turned to each other and said "So glad we avoid airports now." Yeah, I know we risk auto accidents, bad weather, etc. now, but right now we're just living in the "Glad we don't experience airports any more" moment.
To each his/her own. But I'd rather experience an hour of discomfort (and usually less as we have TSA PreCheck) each way than lose two Disney days to travel by car. Again, your choice.
ccsuwxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #18
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsuwxman View Post
To each his/her own. But I'd rather experience an hour of discomfort (and usually less as we have TSA PreCheck) each way than lose two Disney days to travel by car. Again, your choice.
I can see your point. And I'dd agree that when DH worked and had finite vacation days, we DID fly. But also, he flew a lot for business, so many of our flights were free with frequent flier miles. Now he's gone from being a gold premier FF to "I have no status". And the biggest thing now is unlimited vacation days. Oh, and what adds to our choice to drive-we can't get to WDW without changing planes.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #19
ccsuwxman
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I can see your point. And I'dd agree that when DH worked and had finite vacation days, we DID fly. But also, he flew a lot for business, so many of our flights were free with frequent flier miles. Now he's gone from being a gold premier FF to "I have no status". And the biggest thing now is unlimited vacation days. Oh, and what adds to our choice to drive-we can't get to WDW without changing planes.
I see your point as well. For us, we like to maximize our Disney time and minimize our "in the car" time. To each his/her own, I say.
ccsuwxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

No changes for me......but then again, I don't travel for another 6 months.....yikes, I need to plan a pre-vacation to get me through!