home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #11
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Agree with bakerworld. 11 month issues are almost always only for " cheap" rooms plus concierge. Don't remember reading that BCV is a problem right at 11 months. VGF studios are the only exception and even then it's mostly a fall problem.
BCV is generally not an issue at 11 months, even for studios. Even in early Dec I have not had a problem as long as I book at 8AM.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Agree - it’s mostly a myth that everything books up right at 11 months. And BCV tends to have good availability in all size rooms. It’s the cheap rooms or Conciege etc and a few select dates or times that are difficult but not all fall or all rooms etc. Whenever I see a “DVC has no availability” thread I look and almost without fail see that the post should have been “DVC has no availability for the exact cheapest room that I am entitled to book”.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #13
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Not taking any chances. My calendar is marked for next month to book for next year/October - two studios as of now.

Good to know though, if one forgets a day or two

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #14
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post

Whenever I see a “DVC has no availability” thread I look and almost without fail see that the post should have been “DVC has no availability for the exact cheapest room that I am entitled to book”.
Exactly!
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #15
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Definitely walking for BLT Standard mid September.
I have been picking up the crumbs as they are dropped and have 12 nights booked.
I’m thinking they will walk til they get to NYE!

BCV is good at 11 months because it does not have view or room sub categories in studios.
All studios are the same with the exception of HA.
So a fairly large pool when you consider how subdivided the other resort studios are.

I believe there is a school break around 9/19. That’s when the BLT Standard walking started.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:21 PM   #16
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

With only 48 total studios, I am walking a VGF studio for the third week of September. Not taking any chances.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #17
bakerworld
Grand Villa

So, I'm gonna try this walking thing for my AK-J VS. I just need to wait and see if room I see available now is still there is 30 minutes.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:08 AM   #18
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
So, I'm gonna try this walking thing for my AK-J VS. I just need to wait and see if room I see available now is still there is 30 minutes.
Didn't work - I did a WL anyway ... not sure why because the dates are wrong ... maybe I'll walk the WL
Old 10-20-2019, 11:40 AM   #19
Oh_Joy!
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Didn't work - I did a WL anyway ... not sure why because the dates are wrong ... maybe I'll walk the WL
You and I were both trying for that same studio. I didn’t get it, either. And tomorrow isn’t looking any good. September 21, 2020 is already booked up.
Oh_Joy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #20
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Whenever I see a “DVC has no availability” thread I look and almost without fail see that the post should have been “DVC has no availability for the exact cheapest room that I am entitled to book”.
Absolutely. I find it annoying or humorous (depending on my mood) that many DVC members are so wrapped up in booking what I call "teaser rooms". These are rooms few in number that (for good reasons) cost somewhat fewer points.

Seriously people, if you were booking at e.g. a Hilton, and they had a few slightly inferior rooms that they charged $175/nt for instead of $200/nt, would you be tearing your hair out 11 months in advance trying to book them?! If so, your friends would (a) audibly roll their eyes, (b) change the subject when you talk about it, (c) suggest counseling, (d) all of the above .

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote