home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #11
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Hi everyone! Per an online chat I had this morning with a CM on the DVC Member site, new this year you are allowed to make FP+ using a MNSSHP/MVMCP party ticket between 4-6p.

I did verify that even though DVC members are allowed in to the parties at 2p, everyone can only make FPs between 4-6p. And, since the system will not allow you to overlap times, you can really only fit in 2 FP between 4-6p. For example, if you have a 4p FP, your next one is at 5:05 at the earliest (because you can't have a 5p), and since they close at 6 for regular day ticketed guests, the FP system's latest FP time is 5:15-5:20, as far as I can see. I was working on mine this morning and this is the issue I came across. I did schedule one for 2:55-3:55 though in hopes that it will just work.

I will post pics I took of the conversation in a few min.....



ETA: I guess if you had a FP for 3p, then 4:05, then 5:10 ....but then the first one is still prior to 4p....so not sure how that will pan out. I could only get 7DMT for 4p, so I was stuck with that specific time.
As mentioned - not new. This has been available since online FP booking started. And it won't restrict you to the times mentioned - that's just the time that most can enter with the party tickets. If you are DVC and can enter at 2PM you could book FP's starting then.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
At the party now. Arrived at 2:45 and used the DVC entry. We used all our FPs starting at 3:30 used last one at 5:30. Now in a long slow line for Jack and Sally (6:15). Party is sold out tonight so it’s going to be crowded.
We attended a sold out party the first week of October. It's so crazy compared to how it used to be. Still, most ride times are a lot better than during the day. It's the diminishing returns - not walk on but less than a normal day so deemed acceptable by most.

And we did still have fun. If you'd never been before you don't know how it's changed.

Hope you have a good time!
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:36 AM   #13
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa
 
a1000monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
We attended a sold out party the first week of October. It's so crazy compared to how it used to be. Still, most ride times are a lot better than during the day. It's the diminishing returns - not walk on but less than a normal day so deemed acceptable by most.

And we did still have fun. If you'd never been before you don't know how it's changed.

Hope you have a good time!
It was busy but manageable. We had a game plan and got a lot done. Lots of great photos, lots of candy, good entertainment and some very sore feet from cross crossing the park so much. We had a great time.
__________________
Cheers!
a1000monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #14
Jedimom3
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Tennessee via South Louisiana
Posts: 1,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
It was busy but manageable. We had a game plan and got a lot done. Lots of great photos, lots of candy, good entertainment and some very sore feet from cross crossing the park so much. We had a great time.
Hey we felt the same. I wouldn’t have thought that was a sold out night. Then again, we didn’t do any pictures, and did have terrible viewings if fireworks and parade, but that was our doing for arriving right as they started . I do wish we’d done st least a few pictures but oh well. Space mountain had about a 30 min wait most of the night. We had a good time. Rode Haunted Mansion at midnight . Crowds for first parade and fireworks were very large .
Hey a1000monkeys , did y’all hand on costumes? We didn’t, but sure saw some fantastic ones. Very inspiring to DD to get started on bounding outfits, and just do fun to see. If we come back for another party, I’d love to be in costume . I thought it was fun !
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #15
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa
 
a1000monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Hey we felt the same. I wouldn’t have thought that was a sold out night. Then again, we didn’t do any pictures, and did have terrible viewings if fireworks and parade, but that was our doing for arriving right as they started . I do wish we’d done st least a few pictures but oh well. Space mountain had about a 30 min wait most of the night. We had a good time. Rode Haunted Mansion at midnight . Crowds for first parade and fireworks were very large .
Hey a1000monkeys , did y’all hand on costumes? We didn’t, but sure saw some fantastic ones. Very inspiring to DD to get started on bounding outfits, and just do fun to see. If we come back for another party, I’d love to be in costume . I thought it was fun !
DW made us monsters t-shirts. Mine was Mike Wozowski. We ended up being on screen and having a banter with the two headed monster for a good five minutes at the laugh floor.

We focused on photos, characters and treat trails. We did Splash, BTMRR, Peter Pan had dinner at skipper Canteen and got a picture with Jack and Sally before the party officially started at 7. The only rides we did was Pirates which was nearly walk on right after we watched the first parade from Frontierland and Space Mountain which had a 20 min wait at 11:20.

We were able to get a spot pretty close to center stage for the fireworks about 15 min before showtime once people started standing.

Caught the midnight Sandersons Sisters show and there was plenty of space up close. We logged a good 25,000 steps cross crossing the park so much.
__________________
Cheers!
a1000monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #16
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa
 
LOVINDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Great Lakes State/Winter Water Wonderland
Posts: 1,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Hi everyone! Per an online chat I had this morning with a CM on the DVC Member site, new this year you are allowed to make FP+ using a MNSSHP/MVMCP party ticket between 4-6p.

I did verify that even though DVC members are allowed in to the parties at 2p, everyone can only make FPs between 4-6p.
Call me confused. Going to MNSSHP next week. Entering at 2. Have confirmed FP at 2:20 3:25 and 4:40

What am I missing here?
__________________


SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #17
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Call me confused. Going to MNSSHP next week. Entering at 2. Have confirmed FP at 2:20 3:25 and 4:40

What am I missing here?
The CM was misinformed about the timing.

The party ticket let’s you book 3 FPs at any time, the onus is on you to book them for a time that you can use them at.

What is different this year is that they seem to now officially allowing this to happen. There have been no reports of any warning emails about FPs booked on party tickets on the forums that would usually see them.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #18
tgropp
Studio
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posts: 178
Default

I got two fast passes for the Nov 12’th Christmas Party....2:05 at Monsters inc. and 4:15 for Jungle Cruise. Member Services Said that I could only book after 4 PM but it let me do it after 2
__________________
Nov 2019: Saratoga Springs April 2019 VWL. Feb 2019: Aulani,Dec 2017 VWL/BCV.
Dec 2016: VWL
Feb 2015: BCV and Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise
Dec 2014: VWL
Christmas 2013: VWL / BCV
Feb2013: AKV/Western Fantasy/BCV
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riveria
Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010 : VWL
Nov 2009: BCV :
Dec 2008 : VWL/AKV
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL
Feb 2007: Dolphin/Magic Crusie/VWL/OKW
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL / Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New Years 2000: WL/BC
Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996: WL Jr Suite
Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992: CBR
1989/1983/ 1981: Offsite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #19
disneymomof2
Grand Villa
 
disneymomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,601
Default

Sorry if this wasn’t new....it was presented to me like it was new, that’s why I posted.

We have never been to a party before and I do have non-expiring passes linked in my MDE account, so I didn’t know if it was allowing me to make FP+ from my non-exp ticket or my party ticket. That’s why I started the chat with the CM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Well then. We went in September to a MNSSHP. We got in right at 2pm. We had booked our fastpasses at 60 days. We had no other ticket for that day.

2:40-3:40 BTMRR
3:55-4:55 SDMTR
4:55-5:55 Pirates of the Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
As mentioned - not new. This has been available since online FP booking started. And it won't restrict you to the times mentioned - that's just the time that most can enter with the party tickets. If you are DVC and can enter at 2PM you could book FP's starting then.

Your info, Dan, is what made me go look for FP for our party. I didn’t know you could make FP with a party ticket. We had done an After Hours event last January and no FP were allowed using those tickets. After Hours was awesome, by the way!!

Thanks for the info, everyone.
__________________
Pam

ME DH DS21 DD18
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software