home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #11
BoardwalkNJ
One Bedroom

SunBum SPF 15. It smells amazing and I never burn on it (and I am very fair-skinned)
BoardwalkNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #12
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Our go to sunscreens: Neutrogena and/or Blue Lizard

Makeup melts off my face at WDW, but if we go out in the evening, I wear BareMinerals or sometimes Clinique.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #13
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

We've switched completely to Sun Bum..

Ah, memory impairment!The free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
Ding, Ding, Ding! Boring story time is now over....
tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #14
Kathy O
Studio

I just switched to Equate (Walmart) Baby Zinc. It's on the “recommended” list from the EPA Working Group. I used it on my face, neck, and chest when we were at WDW for 10 days in early September. I applied it every morning. No sunburn. Not even a tan. And this one seems to not cause much of a white caste like some mineral sunscreens that I’ve tried.
Kathy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #15
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I can’t bring myself to wear a full-brimmed hat yet but you reminded me ... since I do wear a baseball cap, I always reapply sunscreen to my ears and neck! I think the ears get overlooked too often and I’ve known someone who got skin cancer on their ear, so I’m always mindful to protect that area.
Yes, those ears often get cooked! I also recently gave up my boyish haircut and started buzz cutting my hair at home myself. And that means I need a completely solid hat covering my head when I'm in the sun.

Women don't look at me anymore. But they actually stopped looking at me when a toddler became my constant companion, so it's all good. (Actually, it's more like my toddler is the lead in the show, and I'm her sidekick. )
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:53 PM   #16
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Neutrogena....works well and feels "dry" not like you are slathered in something sticky.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:13 PM   #17
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Anything zinc oxide based for me and my wide brimmed hat. As a RN in Orlando I see WAY too much melanoma--which puts me in the paranoid category.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #18
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Yes, those ears often get cooked! I also recently gave up my boyish haircut and started buzz cutting my hair at home myself. And that means I need a completely solid hat covering my head when I'm in the sun.

Women don't look at me anymore. But they actually stopped looking at me when a toddler became my constant companion, so it's all good. (Actually, it's more like my toddler is the lead in the show, and I'm her sidekick. )
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #19
yeahdisney1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I can get away with Olay daily moisturizer. 15 or 30%. And I carry it in a different small container to reapply. But I’m not there in the summer. I apply to unwilling teenage DS, mostly his ears and under eyes- sentative kids.
yeahdisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #20
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdisney1 View Post
I can get away with Olay daily moisturizer. 15 or 30%. And I carry it in a different small container to reapply. But I’m not there in the summer. I apply to unwilling teenage DS, mostly his ears and under eyes- sentative kids.
This is what I use on myself. Works better than anyone out there for me.

As for make up with the right primer, my Tarte clay foundation stays all day. I use a finishing powder (again tarte but the tinted powder) and then set with Urban Decay's setting spray. I can go all day with maybe a hint of powder brushed on after swimming.