home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
dsquarednz
One Bedroom

Default *So* tired of rule-breaking smokers

I can only assume that Disney does not in fact charge people $250 for smoking in their rooms/on patios, from all the smokers we have seen on this trip. We have called/notified the front desk at least once every single day for the past 16 days. One lady two days on a row!!

Nevermind all the "sneaky" smokers in the parks. I'm so over it, I'm about to start shouting FIRE every time I see one.
dsquarednz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
Mass Transit
Two Bedroom

Eventually they'll all die off...

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
LR0929
One Bedroom

It's one thing if those people want to ruin their own health, but there are LOTS of people at the parks and the resorts who shouldn't have to be exposed to it, especially in non-smoking areas.. and especially all of the very young children!!! Kids are everywhere!! This is one thing Disney should absolutely enforce!!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

You must just be unlucky. I honestly didn't see any rule breaking smokers last week. The only time I saw smoking at all was when I wandered into a smoking area.

Could you see all these from your room?
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #5
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Occasionally we will experience a person sneaking a smoke out on their balcony while we are trying to enjoy our balcony. Honestly, just nicely asking them to stop has had good results with them immediately stopping, and going inside their room. I'm not a smoker, but I'm thinking they are just trying to grab a few puffs without having to trudge down to the smoking area.

Last edited by WDWGoof; 10-01-2017 at 06:20 PM.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

The magic word is “super-soaker”.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #7
dsquarednz
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Occasionally we will experience a person sneaking a smoke out on their balcony while we are trying to enjoy our balcony. Honestly, just nicely asking them to stop has had good results with them immediately stopping, and going inside their room. I'm not a smoker, but I'm thinking they are just trying to grab a few puffs without having to trudge down to the smoking area.
Two of the people were on the bottom floor literally 5 steps away from the smoking areas. They know the rules but broke them anyway.
dsquarednz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
You must just be unlucky. I honestly didn't see any rule breaking smokers last week. The only time I saw smoking at all was when I wandered into a smoking area.

Could you see all these from your room?
Same here. Nothing from the balcony at all. mrs. brp was sitting on a curb in Epcot waiting for me. She indicated that she'd had to move from another area because of smokers. Sure enough - designated smoking area...the only place we saw people doing it all trip.

Cheers.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #9
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Same here. Nothing from the balcony at all. mrs. brp was sitting on a curb in Epcot waiting for me. She indicated that she'd had to move from another area because of smokers. Sure enough - designated smoking area...the only place we saw people doing it all trip.

Cheers.
Same here, Although my best friend is a chain smoker, and while in HHI, there was a couple times she tried to sneak a smoke on the balcony instead of the smoking area. I hate the smell of smoke, so, I told her she had to go to smoking area or we would not vacation together again....
Old 10-01-2017, 06:07 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
Eventually they'll all die off...
Well, we all will. But at least the non-smokers are less likely to be hacking and coughing as they go...

Cheers.