home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #11
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
I think that Mr Sanchos wins.
Good choice. We did the all inclusive a few years back with a group of Mouseowners. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Somehow we managed to get a couple of massages too.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #12
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Another vote here for Mr. Sanchos! Loved it! Great drinks, very attentive staff, lots of great Mexican food, water activities and you can use the hotel pool, hot tub. I would go back if I cruise again to Cozumel.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #13
jmark
Two Bedroom

Not to thread hijack but has anyone done Paradise Beach at Cozumel? We've heard good things about Mr. Sanchos but the pool at Paradise Beach looked a little better and we were thinking the ocean may be a little cool in February.
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #14
melk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
Not to thread hijack but has anyone done Paradise Beach at Cozumel? We've heard good things about Mr. Sanchos but the pool at Paradise Beach looked a little better and we were thinking the ocean may be a little cool in February.
I can't comment on Paradise Beach as we went to Mr. Sanchos. But we were there in January and the ocean water was perfect, coming from a person who does not like cold water.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #15
ustasmom
One Bedroom

I need a new choice. I was going to book Mr Sanchos but was told that we needed to have booked the all-inclusive in order to book wave runners. Iím out. Something about open bar and wave runners seem like a bad combination.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #16
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
We did the Mayan ruins. You have to take a ferry to the mainland then about another 1 hour bus ride but we liked it.
That's what we did. But DH and younger DS both got seasick on the boat to the town. Then we had the bus ride and tour in the heat. That was rough. Afterwards we did go to a beach area for lunch and a swim. That helped; the boat ride back, while dreaded, turned out to be better than the trip over. The Mayan ruins were cool - if it wasn't so hot with a couple of dehydrated people it would have been much better.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #17
ajc
One Bedroom

how long are you at Cozumel?
There is a small maritime museum there and there are horse drawn carriages that tour the island. My DH & I had a blast shopping and bartering with the locals but may not be everyone's' cup of tea.
The tropical drinks and cold beer were a nice refreshment.
We managed to buy some hammock chairs for pretty cheap and the wooden bar and woven fabric fit in our large suitcase (bring a tape measure).
I agree with the comment of the boat ride to Playa del Carmen diesel fumes where bad if you sat in the back so front seating was an improvement. The Wyndham Maya had a wonderful air con bus excursion from Playa to Chichen Itza was wonderful to tour (We could have spent 3 days there).
I actually prefer Tulum for proximity to Cozumel though.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote