home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #31
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Draves View Post
I've never done the Resort Hop, but I've thought about it. Isn't it a lot of trouble to pack up every few days?
Yes and no. Bell services makes it easy by transporting luggage, etc. But packing & unpacking takes time. It becomes a toss up between exploring different resorts or taking more time doing other stuff. I really liked doing a lot of resort hopping the first year we had DVC, but not as interested anymore.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:46 AM   #32
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I've never done the Resort Hop, but I've thought about it. Isn't it a lot of trouble to pack up every few days?
That is going to vary a lot from one family to the next. For us, it's no big deal. I think it depends a lot on how you pack, whether or not you fully unpack when you arrive, and if everyone can take care of themselves. The last few trips, it's just been me and my husband. We pack everything in ziplock bags, and we don't unpack when we get there. When it's time to move, we put the large ziplock that contains our toiletries back in the bag, toss in the dirty laundry bag, make sure we've grabbed chargers and misc stuff from around the room - then call bell services. They will even take your food items and keep them refridgerated until your are ready to have them delivered to your next room. For us, it's quite easy. However, for people who have young children or like to unpack and settle it, it might a lot more effort.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #33
jveneskywool
One Bedroom

Default New, but old

Hi
OKW sinc 93
As my tag line indicates, my family were early owners when our children were small.
They have grown up and enjoyed regular trips. We have a modest amount of points, 225, I am a school teacher, and we mostly went during school vacations or in the summer.
My oldest child has an eight year old who has been to WDW at 2,3, and 6 and we hope to plan another trip soon.
My youngest was engaged at Disney and he is busy with recently buying a home. So we are in a little bit of flux, and we all have all different schedules.
I have been to WDW with family, friends, and school groups, so there is something for everyone.
MDE makes it easy to travel to WDW. You can go 24/7 or scale back and enjoy some of the resorts and the many other activities.
I have had APs several times, and it makes sense if you can get at least two trips out of your APs.
So, best wishes. Hang out here on the site and you will get plenty of support.
jveneskywool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #34
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Welcome to MouseOwners!

If you have come to drink the Kool-Aid, this is the right place for you!

If you love Disney and go often, and will continue to go often, and want more then value resort/offsite stays........Then DVC is good for you and your family.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #35
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Nope. Pack, call bell services, enjoy your day. When you get to the next resort, go to your room, call bell services, receive your luggage, groceries, etc. easy peasy!
Old 09-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #36
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
That is going to vary a lot from one family to the next. For us, it's no big deal. I think it depends a lot on how you pack, whether or not you fully unpack when you arrive, and if everyone can take care of themselves. The last few trips, it's just been me and my husband. We pack everything in ziplock bags, and we don't unpack when we get there. When it's time to move, we put the large ziplock that contains our toiletries back in the bag, toss in the dirty laundry bag, make sure we've grabbed chargers and misc stuff from around the room - then call bell services. They will even take your food items and keep them refridgerated until your are ready to have them delivered to your next room. For us, it's quite easy. However, for people who have young children or like to unpack and settle it, it might a lot more effort.
All true. Resort hopping is easy for me when I'm flying solo or it's a couples only trip. We decided not to hop this time because we are taking both adult children and a plus 1. I still think it would be very doable, but I would probably want to strangle my darling son before the move was completed.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #37
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
...I would probably want to strangle my darling son before the move was completed.
Substitute "husband" or "daughter" for the word "son" above and that's exactly why we don't do split stays as much any more. ;-)

That or I really burned my family out with one 3-day trip where we switched resorts every night. That really was a bit too much moving.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #38
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We don't do spit stays.......period.

Once I unpack and settle in, last thing I want to do is repack and move to another resort.

Its not just the luggage, but the food/drinks we have delivered and the checking in/checking out, being homeless for 4-10 hours, etc....no thank you, its not for me.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #39
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Welcome!

We have done a split stay once, but it was the same resort, different room type. I'm not into split stays really though as we like to settle in once we get there.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #40
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMomofOne View Post
Substitute "husband" or "daughter" for the word "son" above and that's exactly why we don't do split stays as much any more. ;-)

That or I really burned my family out with one 3-day trip where we switched resorts every night. That really was a bit too much moving.
Yeah, 3 resorts in 3 days would be a bit much. 3 resorts in 5 days (solo trip last year) was much more reasonable! It was a lot of moving, but I got to try out two new resorts. My mom says I'm just too much like her mother...