home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Suflay
Grand Villa

My sister and I have both read books 1-4 and enjoyed them, and we are in the senior citizen age bracket. They are a fast read and it's the Disney setting that makes them interesting for us. They have all 5 books in several stores at WDW but I can't remember the price, perhaps about $12-14.00?? I'll wait and order #5 from Amazon.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
markandtodd
Grand Villa

Like Wendy, we've read them all. Great light escapism. If Disney plays their cards right and turns them into decent movies, they could have a Potter-esque franchise on their hands.

markandtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
suecait
Add-on Aficionado

I own the first three but so far have only read the first one.

I saw one of the books for the first time when in the Pirates store when we were leaving POTC. As I was reading the back of the book someone stopped and said they were great. I didn't buy it but checked it out from the library when we got home. I enjoyed it so I figured I'd buy the series. So far when I have been at half price books I have only found one of them.

I have wondered why Disney hasn't made these into a movie yet. But then maybe they are starting to think about it. About a month ago a started seeing the Disney Channel have a spot (commercial like) where they have one of the kids from Ant Farm (IIRC) and the author on the cruise ship talking about the recent book. It apparently takes place on the cruise this time.

I think the books are fun because you can picture the places they are in.