home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #671
gabriellyn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTink View Post
OMG this thread is SOOO funny, intersting, shocking and quite frankly a "teachable moment" I knew there was a reason I gravitated to this board over the 'other' one...I feel more comfortable around other nefarious individuals. Lol

Ok where to start? My gosh, I'm 46 & have been going to Disney for 45 of those years.

~Mugs & even paper cups are all refillable until they fall apart.
~DH literally made it his mission to fill a small carry on with the DCL shamp, cond, body wash, aloe gel, lotion. He loves the green spa goodies.
~Too many FP infractions to count, but one was legit when a CM asked if our group wanted to tag along w/him on SM. He had amazing stories incl one of SM being stopped and cleared out when a rider decided their recently departed family member would like to have their ashes scattered on the ride.
~Smuggled untold number of alcoholic bevs into DL back in my 20s.
~A couple illicit indiscretions in various places...it doesn't really need to be a flat surface.
~MY WORST OFFENSE and I truly apologize for all the cameras. I'm convinced the reason they have so many cameras is bc of me and my cousins. In those years when your parents allow you & cousins to roam the park freely, but before common sense really kicks in fully....you know somewhere between 9-13, we used to get out of the cars, boats, pods, etc in rides and jump to other cars. For example when POTC starts where the ledge is next to the boat and they are stacked up 5 deep. It's really easy to hop out and into another. Also on PeopleMover, Adventures Thru Inner Space (prob most dangerous and plain stupid) & Haunted Mansion. To this day I'm amazed when never went to Disney jail or were injured.
~I don't consider giving FP away a sin, but I'll incl it just to round out my 7 Disney sins.

What is rider swap?

I feel much better,
Jennie
Thanks for sharing!

Rider swap is when you have a small child in the party who is unable to ride so the CM's will hand out a FP good for up to 3 people. Some of the party rides while one person waits with the non-rider. Then the non-rider gets to ride with the FP and two other riders, so they don't have to ride alone. The abuse potential is high. I should know.

gabriellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #672
arma605
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default it is good for the sole...

The thread is pretty long but this is one of the best threads I have read.
Very funny and surprisingly educational.

My own confessions:
Knowingly using an unreadable ticket on the machine to get the CM to print out FP's and then doing the same thing at other rides. Stumbled on this by accident at first.

Taking advantage of the fixings bar in Pecos Bill's to the point my DD asked if she could go back to the salad bar. The was sufficient poor parenting guilt after that to limit the amount on the plate in future visits.

Now that does feel better ..

Have the administrators ever considered a "Top of Threads" list for new forum quests?
arma605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #673
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arma605 View Post
Have the administrators ever considered a "Top of Threads" list for new forum quests?
Unless you opt out of it, our weekly newsletter The Buzz will have a list of the most popular threads as well as the threads with the most posts. Longer threads like this should be on it.

Dirk
Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #674
toklotursa
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Bump!
Too funny to stop.

toklotursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #675
NorweJenNY
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by arma605 View Post
Taking advantage of the fixings bar in Pecos Bill's to the point my DD asked if she could go back to the salad bar. The was sufficient poor parenting guilt after that to limit the amount on the plate in future visits.
Ok... questionable... is my situation below considered "taking advantage" or "creative use"?

I ordered a taco salad at Pecos Bill's. I asked if I could have my salad on the plate since I don't eat the shell. They informed me in order to get the taco salad, it comes in the shell already, but they would give me an extra empty bowl to make my salad in. So I took the empty bowl to make my salad in - dumped in a bunch of lettuce, onions, and cheese, then emptied the tortilla bowl of meat into my salad I prepared. Here's where it gets questionable... I have this extra shell, and hubby is on his way to meet me with the kids, hoping to have a snack. (They just had dole whips and didn't need a full meal - I didn't have anything and was starving.) So I look at the empty tortilla bowl and think - broken up, that would be the same as a bunch of tortilla chips, which hubby likes... with salsa... so I put a few generous spoonfuls of salsa from the fixins bar to put in the bottom of the bowl and set it aside for hubby - who was thrilled to be able to break off the sides of the shell and dip in salsa for his snack... saved us a few bucks since I didn't need to buy another snack for him.

So... guilty of sinning against the fixins bar, or creative frugal genius?

Apr 1996 - Off Property / Dec 2001-Jan 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR / Apr 2003 - Off Property / July 2004 - OKW
July 2006 - Off Property / Aug 2007 - POP / May 2008 - OKW / June 2008 - SSR / July 2009 - POR & WL / Sept-Oct 2009 - ASMo
Dec 2009 - POFQ & VWL / Feb 2010 - Off Property / April 2010 - Off Property / May 2010 - BCV, SSR, & POFQ
Oct 2011 - POR / Dec 2011 - 10th Anniversary - BWV / Jan 2012 - BCV / May 2012 - AKV / Sept 2012 - POR
NorweJenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #676
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorweJenNY View Post
So... guilty of sinning against the fixins bar, or creative frugal genius?
I say creative frugal genius!

Proud owner of AKV, BCV, BLT, SSR & VGF
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #677
NorweJenNY
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I say creative frugal genius!
*phew*

Alrighty then... carry on with the confessions...

Oh... I have one... after reviewing some notes from one of the rare times we were on the DDP, I discovered that a few of our CS credits that should have been for the kiddos may have been applied to adult meals... when you've got people sharing meals here and there, it's hard to keep track.

Good thing this isn't the other board...

Apr 1996 - Off Property / Dec 2001-Jan 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR / Apr 2003 - Off Property / July 2004 - OKW
July 2006 - Off Property / Aug 2007 - POP / May 2008 - OKW / June 2008 - SSR / July 2009 - POR & WL / Sept-Oct 2009 - ASMo
Dec 2009 - POFQ & VWL / Feb 2010 - Off Property / April 2010 - Off Property / May 2010 - BCV, SSR, & POFQ
Oct 2011 - POR / Dec 2011 - 10th Anniversary - BWV / Jan 2012 - BCV / May 2012 - AKV / Sept 2012 - POR
NorweJenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #678
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
I discovered that a few of our CS credits that should have been for the kiddos may have been applied to adult meals... when you've got people sharing meals here and there, it's hard to keep track.

Why, what would happen?

DH 47 Me 44 DD 15 DD 14

Trip Reports
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #679
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapoo Joie Juice View Post
Why, what would happen?
think heard a large 'smacking' sound as I opened the PM
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #680
mybabesuz
Two Bedroom

Quote:
*phew*

Alrighty then... carry on with the confessions...

Oh... I have one... after reviewing some notes from one of the rare times we were on the DDP, I discovered that a few of our CS credits that should have been for the kiddos may have been applied to adult meals... when you've got people sharing meals here and there, it's hard to keep track.

I haven't used a CS credit for a child meal in years.
We actually have the 3 credit for 4 people down pat.
I always drink water. So one of the kids gets my drink.
And I order an extra fry instead of dessert.
And they split the main entree which is plenty for a 5 and 6 yo.
The kids eat the desserts. We don't need to eat dessert at every meal.

Last edited by mybabesuz; 04-16-2012 at 12:47 PM.
mybabesuz is offline   Reply With Quote