home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
gmw111
Grand Villa

Default Season of the Force Dates Accidentally Released!

While Season of the Force dates are officially out for Disneyland, there has not be an official announcement for WDW. However, according to Kenny the Pirate and others, they were accidentally released on an AP promo page. You can see a screenshot of the dates listed in an ad here: http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/0...ally-released/

Looks like 1-8/16-3/20/16 will be WDW Season of the Force. I have to say I am a little surprised. I was *certain* the dates would encompass the April Star Wars races. If they have this from January through March, the races in April and *still* have SWW in May- that will be a whole lot of Star Wars. Not that my family is complaining, mind you.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
PecosBill
Grand Villa

There was a banner hanging at the old art of animation building. I thought it included opening dates on it as well.
PecosBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I haven't been completely keeping up on rumors but is this the supposed "replacement" for Star Wars Weekends? Or is that still happening too in 2016?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
coastak
Grand Villa

We're there 3-15 to 3-20. Last week!!! I expected it to be right in the middle not at the end when I booked it. Star wars weekends didn't even start until the second week of may last year.
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Jaakers87
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysol View Post
Sci-Fi Drive in has reservations available for the mornings of those dates too. So if you want a character breakfast- reserve it (you can always cancel later)

Star Wars Weekends should still be happening too- although not confirmed.
Seems confirmed to me: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...-wars-weekend/

"Get as close to the Force as you can during a galactic event packed with out-of-this-world fireworks, entertainment, Character Greetings and so much more—coming summer 2016."
Jaakers87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Sci-Fi Drive in has reservations available for the mornings of those dates too. So if you want a character breakfast- reserve it (you can always cancel later)

Breakfast has no availability for Feb. 20-Feb. 27. I don't think they've opened dates for after Jan.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
cedel47
Studio

Was considering the breakfast until I looked at the menu. Not a very appealing menu for breakfast.

Menu options from Disney's site:
*Puff Pastry filled with Scrambled Eggs, Crab, Asparagus and Gruyère Cheese with Roasted Tomatoes

*Grilled Beef Tenderloin on Baby Spinach, with Bacon and Cheddar Custard on a Roasted Tomato and Cheesy Horseradish potatoes

*Scrambled Eggs, Crispy Bacon, Sausage Links and Breakfast Potatoes

*Macadamia Crusted Brioche French Toast with Mascarpone and Fresh Berries
cedel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
amiemm
One Bedroom

Quote:

So, at both Seasons of the Force and Star Wars weekends, will they have the special character dining experiences at the SciFi for breakfast and the other one for dinner?
Old 09-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #9
coastak
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastak View Post
We're there 3-15 to 3-20. Last week!!! I expected it to be right in the middle not at the end when I booked it. Star wars weekends didn't even start until the second week of may last year.
I had a bad confusing day today. We are actually there 5-15 to 5-20. Are they really not having this in may? Like star wars weekends?
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #10
amiemm
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastak View Post
I had a bad confusing day today. We are actually there 5-15 to 5-20. Are they really not having this in may? Like star wars weekends?
We are going in May 2016 also, specifically for a Star Wars weekend. I was concerned too when I read about the SOTF, but Disney is still having the Star Wars weekends. It's on the website and has "coming summer 2016." I'm assuming Season of the Force has only a fraction of what the weekends will offer.